+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Expectations for DJ Ware/David Wilson in 2012

I gotta admit - I've never been a fan of Ware's. To me, he's the very definition of mediocrity. Jack-of-all-trades...master of NONE.

He did look pretty impressive last Sat. vs. the Jags. But then again, if the smart move is to NOT overreact to any 1 preseason game, then I guess my opinion of him hasn't changed.

I can't escape this feeling that David Wilson will play a similar role to Bradshaw's in his rookie year: We'll want to see more of him but he'll be relegated to handling kick returns, a handful of carries and screen-type plays, but ultimately, his inferior pass protection and lack of grasp of the playbook keep AB, Ware (playing the Derrick Ward role) ahead of him.

What do you guys think?

Does Wilson's 1st round status automatically vault him into a bigger role than Bradshaw in his rookie year?

Doubt it vaults him as a bigger role than Bradshaw. Bradshaw is a vet right now and there's no way Wilson's 1st round status makes him a starter over Bradshaw. I've always loved that 50-50 split (well, it wasn't technically "50-50"), so I hope to see that between Bradshaw and Wilson because we all know Bradshaw is fragile

I think Ware will be used in that niche 3rd Down and Long / Shotgun sets like last year.....the only carries he'll get are those draws......he's had numerous shots though.....in my opinion they should just release him and give Scott, Brown and Wilson his roles but I understand they can't because Ware and Bradshaw are the only ones with enough tenure to read and handle blitz pick-ups and protection packages.

I think Wilson, if he shows he can hold onto the ball, will see a TON of carries this year and sure up the #2 spot. But if he fumbles once or twice TC will sit him indefinitely.......I expect a lot of production out of him this year.

I have actually always been a fan of DJ Ware, mostly disappointed with his injury track-record. Assuming he can stay healthy, I expect him to be the most reliable HB on the team this year...800+ yards, 30 catches...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I have actually always been a fan of DJ Ware, mostly disappointed with his injury track-record. Assuming he can stay healthy, I expect him to be the most reliable HB on the team this year...800+ yards, 30 catches...
    Was this meant to be in red?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Was this meant to be in red?
    Nope......

800 Yards for Ware??? He won't sniff 500 yards unless Bradshaw God forbid misses a LOT of time.

Nope......
    dj ware our most realible back?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????? that was a good one
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I expect them to find ways to get Wilson the ball this year. One way that I saw that I liked against JAC was using him on kick returns. His speed and explosiveness makes that an area where he can make an immediate impact.

I can also see him taking some carries from Bradshaw, which isn't necessarily bad since Bradshaw is more effective when splitting his carries.

However, unless he picks up the blitz pick-up very quickly, or Andre Brown somehow shows something in that area, Ware is going to remain in that role. He may not be more than average, but at least you know what you get out of him and he wont get Eli killed.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

i think dj ware was better when his name was danny
    FUTURE NFL STAR