+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

Here is what my NON-GMEN Fans Nephews said......

and you know... they actually have a point when i thought about it considering how the Elite teams, Pats, GB, Saints all have no D.

So.....My Nephews. Joey a Cowboys fan and Kage a Pats fan both said in texts to me last night (and they were not even together) that if the Giants just had a AVERAGE DEFENSE they would be SERIOUS CONTENDERS for another SB Title. And they both hate the Gmen.

Thoughts..................

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Here is what my NON-GMEN Fans Nephews said......

They're right.

That is all.

[quote user="miked1958"]

and you know... they actually have a point when i thought about it considering how the Elite teams, Pats, GB, Saints all have no D.

So.....My Nephews. Joey a Cowboys fan and Kage a Pats fan both said in texts to me last night (and they were not even together) that if the Giants just had a AVERAGE DEFENSE they would be SERIOUS CONTENDERS for another SB Title. And they both hate the Gmen.

[/quote]
    We can score with the best of them. But the combination of our lack of quality LBs and terrible soft zone defenses DEMAND that we score 30+ on a weekly basis.

All-Pro

Absolutely correct. No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average. Even 20th is fine. But dead last? Unacceptable. Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.

Banned

Was that some sort of "news" for you?

All-Pro

[quote user="gumby742"]Absolutely correct.* No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average.* Even 20th is fine.* But dead last?* Unacceptable.* Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.[/quote]

So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31.

I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted.

The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.

All-Pro

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="gumby742"]Absolutely correct. No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average. Even 20th is fine. But dead last? Unacceptable. Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.[/quote] So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31. I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted. The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.[/quote]

Strange and numbers 31 and 32 on the list could play for the Super Bowl.. lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="BlueReign"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]
    We can score with the best of them. But the combination of our lack of quality LBs and terrible soft zone defenses DEMAND that we score 30+ on a weekly basis.
    [/quote]The Giants were getting torched in Man coverage as well its not just zone.

All-Pro

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]Was that some sort of "news" for you?[/quote]

No...its just sad that it seems something always stops us in years where there is a good chance to win it all.. Like the year plax shot himself. we had it... that changed everything.

This year if we just had a bit better luck and didnt have so many guys go down with season ending Injuries, i really think we go all the way. It would have been the perfect amount of Offense and D if we had some of those guys still playing.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="gumby742"]Absolutely correct.* No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average.* Even 20th is fine.* But dead last?* Unacceptable.* Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.[/quote]

So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31.

I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted.

The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.[/quote]Just stop. The defense sucks. 4 plays 80 yards? 2 plays 50 yards?

LMAO only 2 solid defenders on the Giants right now. JPP and Boley. The rest are pathetic.