Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Football.. America's #1 sport??

[quote user="NYGSec140"][quote user="BigBlue9280"]

[quote user="bansaw"]I guess until all the oldtimers go baseball will be the "America's Game"...but they aren't even close to best in the world anymore.

I say the true says America sport has to be NASCAR...but NFL has to be right there. <FONT color=#ff0000>I thought after David Beckham signed soccer might take over</FONT>
    [/quote]</P>

Nascar is only popular in certain parts of the country. Only die hard fans of the sport enjoy cars going around an oval track 200 times. I don't think Nascar is really impressive anyway. I can drive a car fast too, but I am not crazy and want to make a living doing it. I know it takes certain skill to move up the field and be able to pass other racers, but hitting a round ball with a round bat is the hardest thing to do athletically. If you fail 7 out of 10 times, you are a great player.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I actually think I read that NASCAR is the most popular sport in the US, go figure.</P>

Baseball is 'America's pastime', but football, in my opinion, is the epitome of American sports. I feel like the shorter season helps build the hype up for each game.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Really? I think football is just as popular as baseball worldwide, the rest of the world is scared American football will someday pass up soccer.</P>

[quote user="listenup"]

u know how many injurys there would be if the season had more games </P>

[/quote]</P>

Someone would get hurt real f-ing bad.</P>

</P>

[quote user="listenup"]

You know how many injurys there would be if the season had more games ?</P>[/quote]

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT size=4>Bullcrap, the USFL played an 18 game schedule...</FONT>

Back on point: The ratings tell the story: Football's been #1 for decades...</FONT>

[quote user="NJGenerals"][quote user="listenup"]

You know how many injurys there would be if the season had more games ?</P>[/quote]

<FONT face=Verdana>Bullcrap, the USFL played an 18 game schedule...

Back on point: The ratings tell the story: Football's been #1 for decades...</FONT>[/quote] You Sir are correct. From an outside perspective, no other American sport comes close here in the UK, maybe Basketball. But Football rating in the US are thru the roof!

Football is now America's past time. Bottom Line. More people watch it and more people go to their games. The old timers are still hanging on. I love baseball no doubt, but I do know what this country's most popular sport is.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran

They go by tv ratings on most popular and nascar everybodies favorite racer races in the race so all the fans watch, not all football fans teams are playing in every game, so not every fan watches every game if it was the case all the other sports would beat nascar, possibly even hockey.

<font color="#0000ff"><font face="Tahoma"><font size="4">Not even close. Football is #1.
    </font></font></font>

[quote user="britishblue2"][quote user="NJGenerals"][quote user="listenup"]

You know how many injurys there would be if the season had more games ?</P>

[/quote]

Back on point: The ratings tell the story: Football's been #1 for decades...</FONT>[/quote] You Sir are correct. From an outside perspective, no other American sport comes close here in the UK, maybe Basketball. But Football rating in the US are thru the roof![/quote]</P>

Blue, why don't they like American football?</P>

[quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"][quote user="britishblue2"][quote user="NJGenerals"][quote user="listenup"]

You know how many injurys there would be if the season had more games ?</P>

[/quote]

Back on point: The ratings tell the story: Football's been #1 for decades...</FONT>[/quote] You Sir are correct. From an outside perspective, no other American sport comes close here in the UK, maybe Basketball. But Football rating in the US are thru the roof![/quote]</P>

Blue, why don't they like American football?</P>[/quote] As in why dont UK fans like American Football, do you mean?

Baseball is "America's Pastime" because more people can play it on a lazy Sunday summer afternoon.