+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Cowboys game, then Afghanistan!

Here I was excited about the season ahead, when low and behold I came down on to deploy in Sep (Active Army soldier). The deployment doesnt phase me, leaving my kids and missing the Giants season is what did. Hopefully I am put on a FOB (Forward Operating Base) with some tv or internet access to be able to catch a game here and there. But every cloud has a silver lining.....my awesome girlfriend went out and bought tickets for the season opener!! Section 108 row 8!!!! She knew I was bummed about missing the season and the game was my going away present...top top it off she also got me an Eli Manning ELITE jersey....I am so pumped. Can't wait to drive up from Virginia for the game!! ....a week after the gamer then off to Afghanistan. But at least I get to watch a game live this season...GO BIG BLUE!!! (oh and ironically she is from Texas)...go figure..lol

Veteran
    Where they sending you. i almost got sent to kandahar but im a code 4 for dental/oral suergery and the air force desn't not like losing its money. i have some army buddies in the sand box now, you should be able to catch some games with AFN or you can get game rewind from nfl.com hopeful you get that shared ****ty internet so you can catch some stuff.
    make friends with some chair..air force guys we got air condioning

good luck
    be safe
    come home

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

I'm glad you'll be able to get a game in. Best of luck over there, and thank you for serving!

We appreciate your service and wish you God's speed.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    The unit I am going with is splitting up into 5 different place (I am in a Combat Support Hospital) So not really sure. Yeah I heard Kandahar is like being on a
    regular base almost with lots of comforts. Then again Air Force runs it and you guys always have the best set ups..lol. Sorry to hear you couldnt roll out, thanks for the well wishes bro!

Thanks for your service! Be safe!

Thank you for keeping us secure over here.
    You wouldn't be the first to stay in touch on these boards while in theatre.
    We'd love to continue hearing from you.
    Be safe!
    Go Blue!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Good luck and be safe and thanks for your service...Got a lot of family that has served or are still in and some that are over there now.
    ALL IN!

Thanks for your service, and good luck over there. Glad you are going to a game before you deploy

Good luck and maybe the G-men will give you something to cheer about when you're over there.