+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New security screening machine for MetLife Stadium

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...k-giants-games

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Entering MetLife Stadium for New York Jets, New York Giants and other sporting events may not take so long for fans any more.

The Jets and Giants will be testing a new, automated security screening system for preseason NFL games and other events in August and September that its developers say is faster and non-intrusive than being searched by security personnel.

Developed by Qylur Security Systems, the kiosk is completely automated and self-service, handling five times the crowd flow compared to current checkpoint methods that are manned by security personnel using wands and pat-downs.

The system, which is being piloted at the stadium during the next two months, was recently demonstrated at Liberty State Park and at the World Cup FIFA preliminary draw event in Rio de Janeiro.

The Qyler system is designed specifically for major public venues such as stadiums, amusement parks, airports, public transportation and other locations. When using the system, fans will walk through what looks like a plexiglass doorway to be screened. Anything they carry will be screened by a machine.

They better have regular pat-downs available because no way in hell am I subjecting my body to some x-ray machine or whatever the hell this thing is. There is absolutely no information on how this thing works, nothing on the companies web site or anywhere else. I even called the company to ask them directly but no one answered the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by davepc View Post

They better have regular pat-downs available because no way in hell am I subjecting my body to some x-ray machine or whatever the hell this thing is. There is absolutely no information on how this thing works, nothing on the companies web site or anywhere else. I even called the company to ask them directly but no one answered the phone.
    I'll take anythig over the pat downs. Just me talking.Speed through that line is MUCH more important to me. They should however leave the pat down lines for people who want to get in the stadium 40 minutes later.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I've never missed a kickoff (or even a national anthem) in over a decade of going to games. I'm not letting them beam rays of god knows what into my body to make sure im not smuggling in a beer.

I've never missed a kickoff (or even a national anthem) in over a decade of going to games. I'm not letting them beam rays of god knows what into my body to make sure im not smuggling in a beer.
    There goes the belly bladder idea! Must consume large quantities in the parking lot and speed through this machine straight to the urinals only to find that you are not the only one that tried to use this trick! DOH!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

We need drones over Giants Stadium to identify controban beer cans! That's what I'm talking about.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I guess they need it after all the new illegal aliens flooding the country and being issued SS numbers. Can't tell the good guys from the foreigners, we are safe now?
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

UH-OH, political views? say it isn't so. BTW do you need a SS# to buy a ticket? Screw it, I'm buying one anyways.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Veteran

then you won't get in. if they are piloting this, means alot of money went into getting it there installed and running. and one fans is not going to interupt big business, fall in line or stay home. sorry to sound cynical but that's the way these things are.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

u know chertoff is making bank on the sale of these and other scanners. the scanners at airports are anywhere from 7-20x the strength of a chest x ray from the varying sources I've read/researched. The machines are calibrated differently tho so its tough to get a general consensus number...

with this saying you walk through and get screened, no doubt in my mind its a type of x ray/naked body scanner. this could literally be unhealthy for season ticket holders who go to every game for years and years. no doubt in my mind that over time, a cancer would develop. What I wonder is who will be operating the machines? TSA? TSA VIPER TEAMS? you guys know that this is hardly anything and that they actually have technology/machine that reads your vital signs and the energy you give off and it functions as a literal lie detector...they have those and also want to implement them at varying places and events

New security screening machine for MetLife Stadium

???? You mean GIANTS stadium?