+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Honest expectations from Cruz

What do you all expect from Cruz this year. I don't think it is fair for us to expect him to put up another 1500 yards this year. Teams just aren't going to let that happen again.

With that being said what kind of numbers would you be happy with out of him this year?

I actually think Nicks, if healthy, has a monster year this year taking advantage of the respect that Cruz will get.

900-1000 yards. He's no longer an unknown and the coverage teams will roll to him will back that statement up. The guy that is going to see benefit of that is going to be our new 3rd WR.

Cruz's numbers this year will rely heavily on whether a legit #3 WR steps up and also if the TE become bigger in the passing game.
    But I dont think it's out of the question for him to get 1,100 yards+ and 6 or 7 TDs.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I expect his TD # to go up and his yards to go down. 1000+ yards and 12+ TDs.

If cruz's yardage goes down it will be because he will be seeing much more double coverages, which opens the field up for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If cruz's yardage goes down it will be because he will be seeing much more double coverages, which opens the field up for others.
    having his yards go down from 1500+ will mean he didnt have as many 65 yard receptions which is highly likely. Also how many WR's get 1500+ yards season after season???? Thats a career year for sure.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

He's still going to have a pretty good year. I have a feeling he's going to be even better on his route-running (yes, even BETTER) than it already is.

But, teams will cover him more and ****. Be careful though, because if you're double-covering Cruz, you're leaving Nicks available. And if Nicks isn't, I have a feeling Randle will get ample opportunity.

I always liked that 1 guy who can put up statistics, but this is a team sport and I choose our WRs over many WR tandems in the league

He is a playmaker. In the slot, nearly impossible to cover. Ask Carlos Rodgers. 1400yards. Cruuuuuuuuuuzz. Coverage is still going to roll to Nicks. We have 2 great WRs.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    I look at it like this; Cruz has the route running ability of Steve Smith (#12) with more playmaking ability. I agree with what you guys have said, 1500 yards in back to back seasons is really tough. However, I see him in the ballpark of: 80 Rec - 1,150 Yds - 8 TDs, and being one of the most dangerous 3rd down threats in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    900-1000 yards. He's no longer an unknown and the coverage teams will roll to him will back that statement up. The guy that is going to see benefit of that is going to be our new 3rd WR.
    By mid-season, which do you think more likely..... Our 3rd wide benefitting, or D.Wilson breaking off 35 yarders because the only guys anywhere near the LOS will be LB's that won't be able to sneeze on Wilson's speed?

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.