+ Reply to Thread

Five things to watch when the GIANTS play the jets

LINK

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz once lit up the Giants-Jets preseason game in such a remarkable way that two summers later we’re still asking him about it. The site of him ripping the Jets for six catches, 145 yards and three touchdowns – much to the amazement of Jets coaches, whose surprise was caught on HBO’s Hard Knocks – is still burned into Giants’ fans memory.

The truth is, that’s one of the few truly memorable moments in my nearly 20 years of covering NFL preseason football, where the real action is usually much farther out of the spotlight. Preseason games are measured in small gains by established starters and usually unnoticeable ones by players much farther down the depth chart.

And by far, the most important thing is always hoping that nobody gets hurt." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

That's the important part. That no one gets hurt
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    That's the important part. That no one gets hurt
    Amen to that
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Victor Cruz has ripped the Jets and set career bests every time they played. I expect Cruz to get some reps and get stashed away early before the Jets get embarrassed again.

According to ESPN:#1 - Tim Tebow's blocking on punts#2 - Tim Tebow on the sideline holding the clip board#3 - Tim Tebow's wild cat#4 - Tim Tebow drinking some Gatorade and making a college reference#5 - Mark Sanchez watching Tim Tebow near the goal line pissed because Tebow can get more ladies and TDs then him
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    According to ESPN:#1 - Tim Tebow's blocking on punts#2 - Tim Tebow on the sideline holding the clip board#3 - Tim Tebow's wild cat#4 - Tim Tebow drinking some Gatorade and making a college reference#5 - Mark Sanchez watching Tim Tebow near the goal line pissed because Tebow can get more ladies and TDs then him

LOL My brother is a Jets Fan..I Text him "IT's TEBOW TIME IN NY" all the time.....he gets so mad

It's all about Tebow. I seriously just watched a 5 minute clip on NFL network and they didn't even mention the giants until at the end they were like " we are guilty too. We just spent the whole segment talking about the jets." They even know they are doing it and can't stop. Tebow = crack.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    It's all about Tebow. I seriously just watched a 5 minute clip on NFL network and they didn't even mention the giants until at the end they were like " we are guilty too. We just spent the whole segment talking about the jets." They even know they are doing it and can't stop. Tebow = crack.
    ESPN Radio NY (98.7 FM) is just as bad. This whole week it's been all Tebow/Sanchez. Mike Golic was begging for people to stop talking about Tebow.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner