+ Reply to Thread

Oren Wilson?????

So this DT, Oren Wilson who played for Michigan State and in 3 bowl games with them transfers to Akron? He went undrafted and spent 21 days in jail for an assault at a frat party and there are 0 videos on him or his play on youtube. I have a lot of faith in JR but what on earth does he see in this guy?:sarcastic:
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

He's just filling the roster until the first cuts come in two weeks.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's just filling the roster until the first cuts come in two weeks.
    Why would we just wanna fill the roster spot with just anybody? Do you think we are giving him a serious look? He is only 6'1 and 305. Seems kinda short for a DT. In the article about Tuck it said he was a replacement for one of our injured DT's....I think Parker.

he's a local kid from Teaneck,NJ also pretty sure they worked him out in the spring but he didn't make the team then. Once teams start trimming down their rosters some of these guys are going to get cut for better players anyway

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Why would we just wanna fill the roster spot with just anybody? Do you think we are giving him a serious look? He is only 6'1 and 305. Seems kinda short for a DT. In the article about Tuck it said he was a replacement for one of our injured DT's....I think Parker.
    For the most part, the only players left that are available are "anybody".

You never kn ow when you will stumble over another Victor Cruz Seriously, they need DT bodies in practice. If it turns out they HAVE to use one of the new guys, they need to have some idea about the playbook before we host Dallas.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You never kn ow when you will stumble over another Victor Cruz Seriously, they need DT bodies in practice. If it turns out they HAVE to use one of the new guys, they need to have some idea about the playbook before we host Dallas.
    Just thought we would find someone bigger with atleast some highlights for viewing. This guy has none, but like others have said, Cruz was only unknown until his Junior year. Lets see how he plays i guess.

Just thought we would find someone bigger with atleast some highlights for viewing. This guy has none, but like others have said, Cruz was only unknown until his Junior year. Lets see how he plays i guess.
    I think JR has signing Cruz on his front burner and doesn't want to spend salary he doesn't have to. Remember, for every player on IR, we're paying two salaries.

# 80

I can't imagine that he has any real shot at the team; however, if you can catch lightning in a bottle that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    he's a local kid from Teaneck,NJ also pretty sure they worked him out in the spring but he didn't make the team then. Once teams start trimming down their rosters some of these guys are going to get cut for better players anyway
    JR doesn't want to pay for airfare, so he's grabbing his unknowns from local markets.