+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bottom 3 rated Defensive teams in the NFL

30 Giants

31 Packers

32 Patriots

Kind of interesting.

Re: Bottom 3 rated Defensive teams in the NFL

Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"

A complete embarrassment to everything the Giants stand for and represent.

[quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense* Wins Championships"
    [/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.

There's a difference, the other 2 are blowing people out, well GB is, while the giants are having to come back from behind.

All-Pro

while that is interesting ... total yards is the absolute worst way to rank defenses ... points allowed, turnovers created and negative plays (sacks / tackles for loss) are all so much more important

teams that score a lot of points will almost always give up extra yards due to the other team needing to try to make a comeback

having said that, nobody is going to say that defence won a championship for the Pats or Packers and if we somehow miraculously win, Eli will almost certainly be the hero

[quote user="TroyArcher"]

30 Giants

31 Packers

32 Patriots

Kind of interesting.

[/quote]

Here's where they rank in scoring defense:

27 Giants
    15 Packers
    14 Patriots

While we may be close in terms of yards given up, we're giving up significantly more points than those teams.

We're also tied for giving up the second most pass TDs at 24, and tied for giving up the 6th most rushing TDs.

Giants arent forcing Turnovers like they were last year.

All-Pro

[quote user="EVGiant17"][quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"
    [/quote] I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.[/quote]

they are??? by whom?? They are 13 - 0 for the season and like 19-0 from last season...

their D gives up yards but is in the middle of the pack in points given up.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="sligoker"]Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"
    [/quote]

Dont be so quick. None of those 3 teams play "playoff style" football.

Even the packers are going to struggle when snow starts to fall when strong defenses and running games shine.

Our defense is awful either way.