+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Wide out committee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...content_stream

i think GB carries 5-6 maybe 8 lol receivers on their roster.
    we might start seeing a little more of the spread Offense in New york if this WR by committee thing is what goes down come season time

we know Nicks/Cruz/Randle and for most parts Jerrnigan is safe who are the next two.
    yes i know....."NOT another receiver thread, somebody slit my keyboards wrist."
    but i think we can all agree that if you take out the respective QB's of each system NO, GB, PAT's and plug in Eli the numbers in stats won't be that far off; the only thing limiting Eli from going off on these suckas is
    1. we are a run first
    2. personally i dont think we have th Oline for it
    3. we've never had a plethora of receivers with different or situational attributes to pull it off

Now i think we do. you have your speed Slot guys in Cruz/jerrnigan/ Depalma/ Talley
    Possesion receivers in Nicks i think hixon falls into this category as well?!?! personally
    Big men in randle/stanback/ Barden
    and i don't know where to put Collins/ Douglas yet

Eli is a QB that makes his receivers better and if they can get this system down we can have most cornerbacks sounding liek carlos rodgers in the NFCC game when he faced cruz.

i've always felt that eli can be elite in a spread offense its just that we don't run it or never had the WR core for it. this year might be different it will be interesting to see what the roster make up is come beginning of the season.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Nice post. When you look at the roster and the personnel we have, it could match to a spread offense.

Eli - Top 5 in making reads and adjustments at the line. Goes through his progressions like an NFL QB is supposed to. Can make all the throws.

Bradshaw - Consistently ranked top 5 in pass protection which would be vital from a RB in a spread.

OL - Even though they ranked dead last in pressures allowed, I'd still prefer them in pass blocking over the run game.

WR - Versatility all over. Deep threats, middle of the field, short range...Combined with Eli's awesome defense reading, this is a huge strength.

TE - Work in progress but Bennett is looking good so far and Robinson could contribute in a year or two.

Last but not least...Hynoski! Huge plus to have that pass catching threat from the backfield.

This offense has the potential to score 28+ points a game if everyone can be on the same level. The talent is too great for it not to happen. Oh and I left out Wilson too. Just way too many people on the offensive side of the ball to get excited for.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...content_stream

i think GB carries 5-6 maybe 8 lol receivers on their roster.
    we might start seeing a little more of the spread Offense in New york if this WR by committee thing is what goes down come season time

we know Nicks/Cruz/Randle and for most parts Jerrnigan is safe who are the next two.
    yes i know....."NOT another receiver thread, somebody slit my keyboards wrist."
    but i think we can all agree that if you take out the respective QB's of each system NO, GB, PAT's and plug in Eli the numbers in stats won't be that far off; the only thing limiting Eli from going off on these suckas is
    1. we are a run first
    2. personally i dont think we have th Oline for it
    3. we've never had a plethora of receivers with different or situational attributes to pull it off

Now i think we do. you have your speed Slot guys in Cruz/jerrnigan/ Depalma/ Talley
    Possesion receivers in Nicks i think hixon falls into this category as well?!?! personally
    Big men in randle/stanback/ Barden
    and i don't know where to put Collins/ Douglas yet

Eli is a QB that makes his receivers better and if they can get this system down we can have most cornerbacks sounding liek carlos rodgers in the NFCC game when he faced cruz.

i've always felt that eli can be elite in a spread offense its just that we don't run it or never had the WR core for it. this year might be different it will be interesting to see what the roster make up is come beginning of the season.
    I don't think Nicks would appreciate being called a possession receiver. He is as explosive as they come.

And we haven't been a run first team in a few years now. People say it's because we haven't had success in the running game. Well call it what you want, But our QB has 9,000 yards in the past two seasons. This team is built for the verical passing game and we do it better than most teams in the NFL. It is what it is. These ain't your fathers Giants anymore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I don't think Nicks would appreciate being called a possession receiver. He is as explosive as they come.

And we haven't been a run first team in a few years now. People say it's because we haven't had success in the running game. Well call it what you want, But our QB has 9,000 yards in the past two seasons. This team is built for the verical passing game and we do it better than most teams in the NFL. It is what it is. These ain't your fathers Giants anymore.
    hakeem nick did not run an explosive 40 time he has after the catch break away speed but he is not a burner like cruz (4.42-4.49) he was drafted cause of his catching ability at NC he is a possession receiver. non debatable

now as far as us being a run first, you might be right to a degree since 2007 where we had 2000+ rushing yards and in 2008 where we had two 1000 yd rushers for a total of 2500+, 1800+ the next year, then 2200 the year after that. that brings us to ( 2010) then we had 1427 last year. personally i don't think the philosophy has changed we are still the run first play action offense, we might see that change up this year like it did last year but to say a team a has changed its offensive philosophy you would have to see that consistently for more than 3 seasons just one or two won't really say much.

this is all in my opinion

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

Agree completely. We must adjust to how teams are evolving in the NFL. With all these QBs out there that can tear apart whatever defense they face, we need to keep up with them and a run first team doesn't cut it. It's extremely difficult to score 28-35 points while being a run first team. It shows with the way this team is evolving. Eli and his wide range of weapons should be enough to keep up with and outscore these powerful offenses that are popping up everywhere. While keeping up with the scoring, a defense that can simply slow down these QBs will then result in wins. This is exactly what we have and it's a great thing to watch.

id say cruz is more "possession" wr than Nicks. both have downfield ability but i believe nicks is more of a threat in that aspect while cruz is more of an underneath YAC threat. Cruz works a lot from the slot and usually that means he's getting open as fast as possible...smith played from the slot like cruz but he just didnt have near the big play ability. cruz is a big play possession wr imo. nicks is a legit downfield threat possession type wr

i mean both are really possession wr's in that they can give u 10 plus catches any given day for over a buck, but both can also burn u deep and with YAC

I don't know how many of them we can keep or hide on practice squad or pup.. We seem to have to much talent and not enough space on roster for them all
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

great problem to have

We have a better pass rush compared to the other elite offenses as well. In fact, with a defense that is more suited to stop the pass than the run, it only makes sense for us to adapt that "Quick strike and gain the lead" mentality. The bigger the lead we get, the more we force the opponent to pass the ball and in turn, we use our best players more often.

Veteran
    ^ exactly, if this team can start gaining big leads and keeping them with the run the defense can tee off on opposing offenses then we can see the true destructive nature of our front four

@Katdaddyjay 17h