+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Observations.

Observations.

JPP is the best end in the league and might be the best defender in the league. Flashed LT last night.

I'm not sure what qualifies a QB as "elite" But Eli is a Top 2 passer in the league right now.

Chris Canty is overpaid but I was actually glad that he was out there last night as he seemed to be the only one to take offense to the fact that we were getting out asses whooped upfront.

Ross is up to his old tricks again. Not a consistent player. Poor first round draft choice.

Webster has had a down year and its been covered up by a few interceptions on a few poorly thrown balls. We may actually have a Cornerback issue and can't afford to have it because we already have a serious Linebacker issue.

Have been rough on Boley in the past but the dude is playing out of his mind this season.

I think Kenny Phillips is better than I thought because as bad the D has been this year it got even worse without him in the lineup.

Nicks just made the leap. He proved he can show up in big games in big spots when no one else can get open. He's a star.

Brandon Jacobs was very cranky last night. He ran with very bad attitude and we need him to keep it up.

Chris Snee is and has always been overrated.

Perry Fewell should be fired.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Observations.

[quote user="burier"]JPP is the best end in the league and might be the best defender in the league. Flashed LT last night. I'm not sure what qualifies a QB as "elite" But Eli is a Top 2 passer in the league right now. Chris Canty is overpaid but I was actually glad that he was out there last night as he seemed to be the only one to take offense to the fact that we were getting out asses whooped upfront. Ross is up to his old tricks again. Not a consistent player. Poor first round draft choice. Webster has had a down year and its been covered up by a few interceptions on a few poorly thrown balls. We may actually have a Cornerback issue and can't afford to have it because we already have a serious Linebacker issue. Have been rough on Boley in the past but the dude is playing out of his mind this season. I think Kenny Phillips is better than I thought because as bad the D has been this year it got even worse without him in the lineup. Nicks just made the leap. He proved he can show up in big games in big spots when no one else can get open. He's a star. Brandon Jacobs was very cranky last night. He ran with very bad attitude and we need him to keep it up. Chris Snee is and has always been overrated. Perry Fewell should be fired.[/quote]

agree on all points.....kind of.

Ross wasnt a oor choice for a first round pick....but he is not playing like a first rounder should. He was projected to be a top CB. He isnt.....how woud they have known. Its not a problem with the pick its a problem with Ross' performance.

The whole D aside from 3 players or so sucks. Call it scheme or talentor whatever. They suck overall.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="burier"]JPP is the best end in the league and might be the best defender in the league. Flashed LT last night. I'm not sure what qualifies a QB as "elite" But Eli is a Top 2 passer in the league right now. Chris Canty is overpaid but I was actually glad that he was out there last night as he seemed to be the only one to take offense to the fact that we were getting out asses whooped upfront. Ross is up to his old tricks again. Not a consistent player. Poor first round draft choice. Webster has had a down year and its been covered up by a few interceptions on a few poorly thrown balls. We may actually have a Cornerback issue and can't afford to have it because we already have a serious Linebacker issue. Have been rough on Boley in the past but the dude is playing out of his mind this season. I think Kenny Phillips is better than I thought because as bad the D has been this year it got even worse without him in the lineup. Nicks just made the leap. He proved he can show up in big games in big spots when no one else can get open. He's a star. Brandon Jacobs was very cranky last night. He ran with very bad attitude and we need him to keep it up. Chris Snee is and has always been overrated. Perry Fewell should be fired.[/quote]

Ross wasnt a oor choice for a first round pick....but he is not playing like a first rounder should. He was projected to be a top CB. He isnt.....how woud they have known. Its not a problem with the pick its a problem with Ross' performance.

The whole D aside from 3 players or so sucks. Call it scheme or talent*or whatever. They suck overall.

[/quote]

lol we agree unless we split hairs. I think the fact that Ross has underperformed makes him a bad pick. I'd like to think our scouting department has some ability to predict these these things.

But we agree he was a logical pick and he was supposed to be good so...

and yes the entire D sucks and its players and coaches other than those 3 or so players you mentioned.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

The whole D aside from 3 players or so sucks. Call it scheme or talentor whatever. They suck overall.

[/quote] lol we agree unless we split hairs. I think the fact that Ross has underperformed makes him a bad pick. I'd like to think our scouting department has some ability to predict these these things. But we agree he was a logical pick and he was supposed to be good so... and yes the entire D sucks and its players and coaches other than those 3 or so players you mentioned.[/quote]

Yeah....Ross was a Thorpe award winner and had good grades coming in and was a projected first rounder. But he was also profiled as a bit of a project at CB but his athletisim was supposed allow him to get it done......oh well.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Jacobs ran hard but you have to credit the offensive line for finally opening some big holes. Petrus and Hynoski had great games.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

No doubt that Petrus kid is pretty good.

but you have to admit. Jacobs was carrying heads out there.

[quote user="burier"]No doubt that Petrus kid is pretty good.

but you have to admit. Jacobs was carrying heads out there.[/quote]

I wish Jacobs hated every team like he does the cowboys..he was on a mission last night to say the least.