+ Reply to Thread

Will Marcus Thomas DT get any playing time against the Jets

Do you think Marcus Thomas will get any playing time against the Jets tonight? Or is TC saving him for practice next week. Will he cut some of those other DT's that Jerry signed this week that a mere camp fodder?

Yes I do. I do not mean to demean him but he is cannon fodder in the eyes of the team right now. We simply do not have enough DTs to play a full game, even in the preseason. He will be on the field because we cannot afford to risk injury to the few remaining healthy DTs we have by leaving them in the game too long.

I don't see how he doesn't get any playing time. As thin as we are right now at DT, you don't want Joseph, Bernard and to some extent Hendricks staying out there too long and risking injuries.

Plus Thomas and some of the other DTs they signed this week are basically trying out for the team. So TC & Fewell will keep those guys out there as much as possible under different formations to see what they can do.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Yes I do. I do not mean to demean him but he is cannon fodder in the eyes of the team right now. We simply do not have enough DTs to play a full game, even in the preseason. He will be on the field because we cannot afford to risk injury to the few remaining healthy DTs we have by leaving them in the game too long.
    Marcus Thomas isn't just cannon fodder. The other DT is. Thomas is a proven run stopper. Not an All-pro, but very serviceable. We won't get any pass rush from him, but with the loss of Rogers and Canty on the shelf, we need him for the rotation. He's very good value for a player picked up in mid August and more proven than Hendricks who has looked good to coaches and in last weeks game, but keep in mind he was going against an UDFA last week in Jacksonville that probably won't even make that squad.

All-Pro
    What day did he sign? I was listening to Sirius and they where saying there is a 3 day acclimation period and a player could not play with the team u Gil that 3 days was over. They where saying how strange the rule was.