+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why ELi Manning's 2011 season may have beena fluke

LINK

Excerpt: "
    Few could top the season New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning had in 2011 with stellar performance after stellar performance chocked full of late-game heroics ultimately culminating in the grand prize—a Super Bowl
    victory
    To be able to duplicate such a season would be outstanding—Manning led seven fourth-quarter comebacks and finished the season with nearly 5,000 yards passing and 29 touchdowns. However, the spectacle that was the younger Manning’s 2011 season may be tough to repeat for more than the difficulty in accomplishing such a season.
    Manning’s breakout campaign could very well have been nothing more than, well, a fluke. Giants fans just screamed blasphemy reading that. Some are already scrolling to the bottom of this page to tear me a new one, but please hear me out." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

WE just got finished with an Eli/Simms debate....I smell more.....I hope not...this has been beat to death
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

i stopped reading as soon as he said that we didnt go against top defenses so the mistakes he made went unpunished...this was a horrible piece of writing. not bc of a difference of opinion, but bc of the faulty logic he used in making some of his points.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i stopped reading as soon as he said that we didnt go against top defenses so the mistakes he made went unpunished...this was a horrible piece of writing. not bc of a difference of opinion, but bc of the faulty logic he used in making some of his points.
    What was the faulty logic there?

the author is write tho, eli's 15 td passes in the 4th qrt was actually a fluke. each and every one. the 7 gw comeback drives, they were a fluke. each and every single one.

week in week out, it was a fluke...lmfao. the author is trying to say last season is a fluke, so apparently he feels that something that happens repeatedly, in the same fashion, as sure as the sun is gonna rise and fall...

something happens once, its luck
    something happens twice, its a coincedence
    something happens repeatedly, its consistent...

horrible article...whats a fluke is using the first 3 yrs including his rookie season passer completion % and try to say it reflects eli since 2007. he's been over 60% like 7 yrs straight now, 4000 3 yrs straight with one season of 5 thousand yards. been at around 30 tds for like 6 yrs straight.

hell, i use this a lot but one of only 5 qbs all time to throw 3k and 20 td or more for 6 straight seasons...thats not a fluke, thats consistency

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the author is write tho, eli's 15 td passes in the 4th qrt was actually a fluke. each and every one. the 7 gw comeback drives, they were a fluke. each and every single one.

week in week out, it was a fluke...lmfao. the author is trying to say last season is a fluke, so apparently he feels that something that happens repeatedly, in the same fashion, as sure as the sun is gonna rise and fall...

something happens once, its luck
    something happens twice, its a coincedence
    something happens repeatedly, its consistent...

horrible article...whats a fluke is using the first 3 yrs including his rookie season passer completion % and try to say it reflects eli since 2007. he's been over 60% like 7 yrs straight now, 4000 3 yrs straight with one season of 5 thousand yards. been at around 30 tds for like 6 yrs straight.

hell, i use this a lot but one of only 5 qbs all time to throw 3k and 20 td or more for 6 straight seasons...thats not a fluke, thats consistency
    Did you even read the article?

Anti-Eli article on GMB....... Gumby is like a shark that smells blood in the water

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

its also faulty logic bc the author is stating if eli doesnt repeat last seasons performance, than his talent and skill as a qb is overrated, when last season was one of the best seasons a qb can have...

if the author wants to question whether alex smith had a fluke season, itd be more apt. i highly doubt this author is actually informed on giants football and watches the games...nothing "flukey" about a qb whose been doing the same things for years now. his characterization is also downright comical, he may be .001% who literally believes eli is just avg lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Anti-Eli article on GMB....... Gumby is like a shark that smells blood in the water
    lol
    i figured a while ago itd just be better to ignore him. im positive he's questioning my intelligence somehow. he can like the article and agree, i disagree with it and dont feel like getting egged on bc that just got old...