+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All Aboard the Eli Train . . . . .

Our defense can't stop anyone and has shown nothing to indicate that it willbe a significant factor (correction - a significant positive factor) from this point forward.

Our OL is iffy at best and our running game is spotty. To expectthose units to suddenly start performing consistently at this point of the season is a pipe dream.

Our special teams willNEVER win us a game. I am at the point where I literally stand up and pump my fist in the air if our returner doesn't fumble the ball.

Our team is what it is at this point. To expect any significant changes in performance is just not realistic.

What our team is, is a teamwhose fortunesrest entirely upon Eli's shoulders. We are not winning another game unless Eli overcomes all of this team's problems and wins it for us.Who knows how far he can take us, but one thing is for sure --it's going to be afun ride!

Re: All Aboard the Eli Train . . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Our defense can't stop anyone and has shown nothing to indicate that it will*be a significant factor (correction - a significant positive factor) from this point forward.*

Our OL is iffy at best and our running game is spotty.* To expect*those units to suddenly start performing consistently at this point of the season is a pipe dream.

Our special teams will*NEVER win us a game.* I am at the point where I literally stand up and pump my fist in the air if our returner doesn't fumble the ball.* **

Our team is what it is at this point.* To expect any significant changes in performance is just not realistic.

What our team is, is a team*whose fortunes*rest entirely upon Eli's shoulders.* We are not winning another game unless Eli overcomes all of this team's problems and wins it for us.**Who knows how far he can take us, but one thing is for sure --*it's going to be a*fun ride!

[/quote]

I've been on the Eli train since we drafted him!

The only thing holding back Eli from winning MVP is Gibride, and our O-line.

But I will say this, the O-line played BRILLIANT last night. I'm really excited with the tweaking and tuning that the coaches have done. This current lineup works fantastic. Maybe enough for us to outscore people and make a run.

That O-line made a difference in the game. Demarcus Ware no sacks? Are you kidding me?

i'm literally in AWE of Eli right now.

he's got a line that doesn't protect him very well, doesn't give him much of a running game, and he's playing like a flat out ****ing superstar.

Pressure doesn't get to him, the score doesn't get to him.

i'm just in awe.

Its on Eli but the wild Card in number 90.

If he can just make a few game changing plays and to give a Eli a couple extra shots we can beat anyone.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Our defense can't stop anyone and has shown nothing to indicate that it will*be a significant factor (correction - a significant positive factor) from this point forward.*

Our OL is iffy at best and our running game is spotty.* To expect*those units to suddenly start performing consistently at this point of the season is a pipe dream.

Our special teams will*NEVER win us a game.* I am at the point where I literally stand up and pump my fist in the air if our returner doesn't fumble the ball.* **

Our team is what it is at this point.* To expect any significant changes in performance is just not realistic.

What our team is, is a team*whose fortunes*rest entirely upon Eli's shoulders.* We are not winning another game unless Eli overcomes all of this team's problems and wins it for us.**Who knows how far he can take us, but one thing is for sure --*it's going to be a*fun ride!

[/quote]

I agree that it is a pipe dream to expect the D to change its way and become stout all of a sudden in week 14. But, they are capable of getting turnovers. It will certainly be the Eli show going forward and if we can sprinkle in a timely pick, a JPP sack-fumble, etc... we can pull these games out. Even with giving up a million yards.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

he's got a line that doesn't protect him very well, doesn't give him much of a running game, and he's playing like a flat out ****ing superstar.

i'm just in awe.

[/quote]

Yeah I mean after all those sacks he took and no running game whatsoever last night ....
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

i'm just in awe.

[/quote]

Yeah I mean after all those sacks he took and no running game whatsoever last night ....[/quote]

Yeah David Diehl played real good last night [/red]
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Our defense can't stop anyone and has shown nothing to indicate that it willbe a significant factor (correction - a significant positive factor) from this point forward.

Our OL is iffy at best and our running game is spotty. To expectthose units to suddenly start performing consistently at this point of the season is a pipe dream.

Our special teams willNEVER win us a game. I am at the point where I literally stand up and pump my fist in the air if our returner doesn't fumble the ball.

Our team is what it is at this point. To expect any significant changes in performance is just not realistic.

What our team is, is a teamwhose fortunesrest entirely upon Eli's shoulders. We are not winning another game unless Eli overcomes all of this team's problems and wins it for us.Who knows how far he can take us, but one thing is for sure --it's going to be afun ride!

[/quote]I was not an Eli fan and I criticized him often in the past. However, he has come around and he is is playing like an elite QB. I've got to hand it to him: he said what he said, but he backed it up with his performance. I can only imagine what it could have been if we had a coaching staff that were really competent in designing offensive plays. Killdrive cannot do that because he has no imagination. When you look at some of his throws last night, under pressure, on the run and off of his back foot, were right on. The only difference between the Cows and us last night was Eli and JPP.

I want to make an "I BELIEVE IN ELI" T-Shirt.