+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

martellus bennett

Hello everyone,

I first want to say congrats on winning the superbowl last year. You guys did us a huge favor and crushed those stinkin patsies!!!

But I wanna know what do you guys think of martellus bennett? How has he looked this preseason? I have watched him since his days at Texas A&M and having to sit behind one of the best tight ends in the nfl in Dallas. How is he fittin into your offense? Do you guys expect big things out of him?

GOod luck this year guys!!! Victor Cruz looks like the real deal!!!

He is like an unicorn.

Put it this way Eli is going to have a lot of fun with him this season... and no I don't mean that in a Harooni-type way

He's a big target with good hands and speed. Finally will get the showcase it with us.

The black unicorn.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Starter
    The Unicorn is a great blocker, can't wait for season to start

i like him so far, but then again who doesn't love a black unicorn

So far so good. He is having a very good pre-season and has made some great catches especially the TD he caught last week vs Jax. Bennett will shine in this offense as the featured TE. MB has always been a superior blocker which will benefit our awful running game.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by billsfanfromny View Post
    hello everyone,

i first want to say congrats on winning the superbowl last year. You guys did us a huge favor and crushed those stinkin patsies!!!

But i wanna know what do you guys think of martellus bennett? How has he looked this preseason? I have watched him since his days at texas a&m and having to sit behind one of the best tight ends in the nfl in dallas. How is he fittin into your offense? Do you guys expect big things out of him?

Good luck this year guys!!! Victor cruz looks like the real deal!!!
    He's big, he can block, he's fast, and he can catch ! He is going to be great in the red zone ! He's the guy to watch . Eli, loves him and every one else does too.

I think he's going to get a lot of looks. Defenses will need to pay a lot of attention to Cruz, and Nicks leaving Bennett to feast on the linebackers. That's a battle he should be able to win every time.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceS59 View Post
    I think he's going to get a lot of looks. Defenses will need to pay a lot of attention to Cruz, and Nicks leaving Bennett to feast on the linebackers. That's a battle he should be able to win every time.
    on that pass play to randle, bennett beat his coverage badly and was completely open on an out post. i noticed a few times bennett got a lot of seperation and he just wasnt even looked at by the qbs. whcih reminded me that the te is not the 1 or 2 option all that often...not yet at least

I don't know about that. Kevin Boss and Jake Ballard weren't the best TE's in the world.....rather slow, yet they caught enough passes to be dangerous. Bennett is faster than both of those guys so I expect him to do work. Maybe in the pre season they're not exploiting the match up but i'm pretty sure they will during the season.