+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best CB for GMEN?

well im a little younger, so I was wondering, have we had top corner's in the past? Who?

The Giants had a good duo with Will Allen and Will Peterson. Also Jason Sehorn and Phillip Sparks in their primes.

There's more but I'm tired...

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    The Giants had a good duo with Will Allen and Will Peterson. Also Jason Sehorn.... Phillip Sparks in their primes.

There's more but I'm tired...
    thanks man

Corey Webster is a star, terrel thomas before injury , Jayron Hosley (R)

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD21 View Post
    Corey Webster is a star, terrel thomas before injury , Jayron Hosley (R)
    I know they are good Im talking earlier i'm not that young

Emlen Tunnel is a hall of famer and is second in NFL history with 79 career interceptions, although he played predominantly safety I believe. He's still considered the best DB in Giants history.

A little more recently, Mark Collins was the top cover man on the Giants 86 and 90 Superbowl teams
    Last edited by juice33s; 08-19-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Emlen Tunnel is a hall of famer and is second in NFL history with 79 career interceptions, although he played predominantly safety I believe. He's still considered the best DB in Giants history.

A little more recently, Mark Collins was the top cover man on the Giants 86 and 90 Superbowl teams
    Collins never got his due. The man was a superb man cover corner. I remember Jerry Rice saying that Collins was the most physical corner he played against and prior to Deon coming into his own Collins was the best he faced. Unfortunately, with the rule changes of today, his style of play would not work.

Veteran
    The wills were actually considered underachievers. Allen produced but not up to his first round status and Peterson was oft injured.

Collins was a nasty cover guy - Sparks was very good as well. Sehorn had amazing talent but really only put up a good couple years.

No offense bro but will Allen kinda sucked, he was a major disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    No offense bro but will Allen kinda sucked, he was a major disappointment
    That is not quite accurate,,,,He had good cover skills....just really bad ball skills.....couldn't catch the ball if you handed it to him......Collins was best I ever saw on the giants.....even i am too young to remember Tunnel.....Petersen was good but never saw thew field.......Sparks had his moments........Sehorn was very good for 2 years and just was never the same after the injury
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"