+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIX the O-LINE

Exclamation FIX the O-LINE

FIX the O-LINE NOW!.......................Bring some of your best Defensive Line men in for a few plays........at least you know they can BLOCK ! And open a few holes.
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 08-19-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Might not really happen until the next draft. Thankfully, Eli has become one of the best Under Pressured QBs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Might not really happen until the next draft. Thankfully, Eli has become one of the best Under Pressured QBs in the league.
    TRUE....................But Eli, can't do it by himself all the time. I say Bring some of your best Defensive Line men in , for a few plays on Offense.

TRUE....................But Eli, can't do it by himself all the time. I say Bring some of your best Defensive Line men in , for a few plays on Offense.

I guess since we have the deepest depth at pass rusher (Mike Mayock said that as well so you know it's legit!), it's only fair that we have a bottom 5 O-line. There's barely any push at the point of attack anymore and our tackles don't really display great enough agility to handle speed rushers. Well, I guess Locklear is decent but it's just one guy so far.

I'm not going to argue against the picks we made... In Reese We Trust and all that... but I'm still a bit confused as to why we waited until the comp picks in the 5th round to pick up an o-lineman... you can only get projects that late in the draft. We outright needed two good tackles (got one FA in locklear). But their play last week was just terrible.

The way we are built is starting to remind me of the Patriots. They started to think why do they need to run the ball when they have that high powered offense and Tom Brady. VERY MUCH like the mentality around here now. Why do we need to run when we have these weapons and Eli Manning. It's going to be the team that can pound the ball against that is going to give trouble and beat us in the playoffs if we make it.

every body has their opinion about why we didn't go high for an O lineman and no one seems to agree with me but, we knew we needed help to fix this Oline before the draft and didn't look at it until around the 5th round so that shows how much Reese was concerned about it. Last season we were last in running the ball and if thats not reason enough to give some serious attention to fixing the problem I don't know what is. I haven't seen enough of Locklear to have an opinion on him but I doubt he is the solution, Reese just rolled the dice on this line again hoping the same conditions would produce different results......

All of the top OL players were off of the board when the Giants picked. You want them to reach with a pick like Adams or something? I'll take picking 32nd every year and deal with find OL in Free Agency.