+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confession Time.... I threw in the towel

When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

Re: Confession Time.... I threw in the towel

I wasn't expecting the comeback but I knew it was possible.

You should have learned by now...
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

These games are hard on my nerves.... lol

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

I stuck it out hoping for some garbage time catches from Ballard and Nicks (both on my FF team).

God bless FF!
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

What exactly do you gain by quiting?

Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win?

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote]

I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote]

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote]

I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.[/quote]

I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something.

Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

The last time I gave up on this team they surprised me with a championship. I won't make that mistake again.

Veteran

With 5 minutes to go...I took out my books and started to study for my final ....right in front of the TV lol

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!

[/quote] What exactly do you gain by quiting? Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win? I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero[/quote] I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.[/quote] I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something. Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"[/quote]

I did not quit watching the game, ( Thank God). I just presumed with the way our defense was playing, coming back from a 12pt deficit with 5 minutes left was not possible. Luckily, we scored quickly and the defense managed a 3 & out.... ( may have been the only one all night )... It was then I started to realize we might win this game.