+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LaRon Landry could face a fine for hit on Cruz

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

Safety LaRon Landry announced his presence as a member of the New York Jets' defense Saturday night with a vicious hit on New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz.
    Schein: Why Rex will get a ring
    Rex Ryan is truly the perfect coach to lead the New York Jets to a Super Bowl title. Adam Schein explains why. More ...

We suspect the NFL will announce its presence with a fine for Landry next week. Landry appeared to lead with his helmet, not his shoulder. He wound up hitting Cruz in the chin. It was a massive hit, but Cruz jumped up quickly to signal first down and show he was doing well. Read More...

LaRon Landry has not played a full season yet. That's why Redskins parted ways with him. Just another odd piece to this Jets Team which is shaping up into a disaster. Takes more than a dirty hit to put the Cruz Man down,

I do not really think it was dirty. It was an old school hard hit. I bet he is wondering where is the fine on jacobs for that hit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    LaRon Landry has not played a full season yet.
    Unless my eyes deceive me, he played -- and started -- 47 of his first 48 games. http://www.nfl.com/player/laronlandry/2495658/profile

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I do not really think it was dirty. It was an old school hard hit. I bet he is wondering where is the fine on jacobs for that hit.
    huh? a rb can truck whoever its not a penalty. LL def led with his helmet and its not a maybe, he def is getting fined

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Unless my eyes deceive me, he played -- and started -- 47 of his first 48 games. http://www.nfl.com/player/laronlandry/2495658/profile
    Friend is a Season Ticket Holder for redskins. Told me the guy is always hurt?

his firs 48 games he was healthy for the most part. since then, he has missed a bunch of time including last season with that achilles injury that he still hasnt corrected

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    his firs 48 games he was healthy for the most part. since then, he has missed a bunch of time including last season with that achilles injury that he still hasnt corrected
    Thanks for clarification. So basically he has not been healthy for the past couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    Thanks for clarification. So basically he has not been healthy for the past couple of years
    Yup, past two years he's missed about half of each season.

He didn't look to gimpy, but I want to see how he'll hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    A hit doesn't have to be "dirty" to merit a fine or a flag. "Dirty" implies intent and Landry's helmet hit Cruz's facemask in the area of the chin. That's a foul.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80