+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rivers look real good

I thought Keith Rivers looked really good last night. was around the ball on every play it looked like. had a nice TFL, helped in the run game, and looked very quick and athletic.

he could end up being a starter or a depth player thats used a lot

Very doubtful that you could get a player like Rivers, a LBer working with the ones, in the fifth round. It was hard for this move to bust, which made the poor response it received confusing, to say the least.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    I thought Keith Rivers looked really good last night. was around the ball on every play it looked like. had a nice TFL, helped in the run game, and looked very quick and athletic.

he could end up being a starter or a depth player thats used a lot
    wasn't that the purpose of bringing him to the Giants....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Very doubtful that you could get a player like Rivers, a LBer working with the ones, in the fifth round. It was hard for this move to bust, which made the poor response it received confusing, to say the least.
    yeah i didnt quite understand that response either. and gametime, yeah that was the plan, doesnt mean it ends up working out like that. so far so good imo

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah i didnt quite understand that response either. and gametime, yeah that was the plan, doesnt mean it ends up working out like that. so far so good imo
    I was just being a wiseass....:biggrin:
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but from my perspective the concern was his injury history and ability to stay healthy. We know he was a top 10 pick and had the potential that dictated that draft slot. Here's to hoping his health stays with him so we can reap the benefits of a player the Bengals just quit on. A practice our organization does not engage in, sometimes to the point of our detriment.

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

i dunno if his injury history is accurate tho. i know the reason he and the bengals parted ways was due to a disagreement about a forearm injury that the bengals IR'd him over (Rivers didnt think that was right) or something like that. He had a pretty stellar rookie season until he missed time, and he has been hurt but I dunno if it was a fluke or what...all I know is he looks damn athletic.

The first injury in the NFL was his broken jaw courtesy of Hines Ward, as far as I know. The IR incident was a wrist, if I am remembering correctly. Yeah, I have nothing but hope that he just rockets into the spotlight and kicks butt for us.

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

yeah that was such a bs hit by ward...keep the head on a swivel i know but the play wasnt really even near Rivers and Ward went head hunting on a rookie no less...that was such a ****ty thing by ward...but yeah that was a fluke type injury, and the forearm injury, well I still dont know the extent of it and who was right or wrong between him and the begals

Starter
    I made a previous post about him because he is a good player and if he keeps playing like this we can really use him. I just cant tell were he will fit??