+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rank your concerns/issues that need to be addressed:

First, for me and I believe most of you guys, is the OL.

Don't know how we can improve upon what we have dramatically. We'll scour the waiver wires, but beyond that, the guys have to step up. I don't see Beatty transcending the OL into a dominant one when he returns, so it is beyond 1 spot imo. The interior should be good tho.

2nd- DT. Austin needs to get back in the mix and continue to progress. L.Joseph has been playing lights out imo. but no Canty, Rogers gone, we are thin there. We can move Tuck/Jpp/Kiwi to DT in certain situations, but we need a few of these guys to get healthy and stay healthy.

3rd- The 3rd WR position. It really isn't a concern as much as it is intrigue. It seems the coaching staff isn't really sure one way or the other either. JJ started, then dropped behind Hixon, Barden, and Randle. Barden got the start, but he really looked avg and I have been supporting him since day 1 but last night, I even started thinking this project needs to end. Right now, I think it goes Hixon, Randle, JJ, then a battle between the rest.

Well, looking at it, we have only 2 issues really unless I forgot one. How do you rank whatever issues u feel we have.

1. Ol
    2. Ol
    3. Ol
    4. Ol

O-line all the way. Looks like more of the same as last year although I do expect Baas to be better.
    Hixon and Randle will be the #3. See ya Barden.
    Still not sold on the CB's after Webster. Can't reall gauge them against the Jets minus Holmes.

i think the interior of the line should actually be decent. DD at RT hasnt been awful. and Lockler at LT has been alright too. Pass protection isnt that bad, its the run blocking and that is, like fletch eluded to, is a huge issue.
    but is OL the only issue/concern of u guys or anything else kinda sticking out?

First is Oline. We need a decent run game. We also need to keep eli off the dirt.
    Second is CB. With hosely in a boot we are thin and then some.

The way I figure we can patch up DT and Eli can make the #3 WR spot work because we are deep at WR.

OLINE!!! I am very concerned that we are unable to open any holes for our backs. Its almost as if we really are not even trying to open a hole. Please fix this Oline soon!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    Do I have to tell you what #4 is?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    OLINE!!! I am very concerned that we are unable to open any holes for our backs. Its almost as if we really are not even trying to open a hole. Please fix this Oline soon!
    This. We're loaded at the skill positions. Even DJ Ware can bust out a huge run if he's given any semblance of a running lane. But the way our o-line is playing, Emmitt Smith couldn't produce any major yardage.

O-Line and FB run blocking. We have the guys that can make things happen if they have a hole to run through......problem is finding a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    First, for me and I believe most of you guys, is the OL.

Don't know how we can improve upon what we have dramatically. We'll scour the waiver wires, but beyond that, the guys have to step up. I don't see Beatty transcending the OL into a dominant one when he returns, so it is beyond 1 spot imo. The interior should be good tho.

2nd- DT. Austin needs to get back in the mix and continue to progress. L.Joseph has been playing lights out imo. but no Canty, Rogers gone, we are thin there. We can move Tuck/Jpp/Kiwi to DT in certain situations, but we need a few of these guys to get healthy and stay healthy.

3rd- The 3rd WR position. It really isn't a concern as much as it is intrigue. It seems the coaching staff isn't really sure one way or the other either. JJ started, then dropped behind Hixon, Barden, and Randle. Barden got the start, but he really looked avg and I have been supporting him since day 1 but last night, I even started thinking this project needs to end. Right now, I think it goes Hixon, Randle, JJ, then a battle between the rest.

Well, looking at it, we have only 2 issues really unless I forgot one. How do you rank whatever issues u feel we have.
    You summed it up pretty well. The o-line is terrifyingly weak right now, DT is thin but good barring further injury, and the 3rd receiver needs to be sorted out. I'm confident that someone will emerge from that group.

One group I'd add is the secondary. We have nice corner depth but only one that is a proven starter, and the opposite is the problem at safety. We know our starters, but what happens if one gets hurt? Sash is suspended for 4 games and Will Hill can't be counted on to start at this point. He's made some great plays and some scary plays. The biggest issue here, as it is for the rest of the team, is staying healthy.