+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli's interception

Last night one play really intrigued me, but didn't bother me. When Eli threw that interception. After the game Eli said he meant to throw the ball out of bounds and just misjudged.

But originally it appeared to me that Randle possibly ran the wrong route. It looked like an option route where Randle could have made a rookie mistake and went off to the side rather than running straight ahead in a go route which Eli may have thought that's what he was going to do. Ralph V. and Mike G thought the same thing at first.

Do you think Eli was protecting his rookie receiver by saying it was his fault rather then throwing the rookie under the bus?

Eli was throwing it away, he just didn't throw it far enough.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

get the cobwebs out

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    get the cobwebs out
    They come with old age
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I think he was protecting Randle. If it happens during regular season I think he will do the same thing and let the coaches take care of it. I was however screaming my head off though!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

funny part is ....as much as we all want to sit here and speculate like we know something.........reality is we will NEVER know
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

It was a horrible throw by Eli. Don't think he saw the safety that deep.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

This was a good example of sometimes taking a sack, but he had guys underneath should have checked down instead of looking deep the whole time.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones911 View Post
    Last night one play really intrigued me, but didn't bother me. When Eli threw that interception. After the game Eli said he meant to throw the ball out of bounds and just misjudged.

But originally it appeared to me that Randle possibly ran the wrong route. It looked like an option route where Randle could have made a rookie mistake and went off to the side rather than running straight ahead in a go route which Eli may have thought that's what he was going to do. Ralph V. and Mike G thought the same thing at first.

Do you think Eli was protecting his rookie receiver by saying it was his fault rather then throwing the rookie under the bus?
    He was definitely not protecting Randle. Any time you see it's the wide out running the wrong route, Eli shows it with his reaction after the play. He was under pressure and tried to throw it away but did a terrible job of that.

He told Tom he tried to throw it out of bounds.

It's pre-season, plus I think Eli is the least of our worries.