+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Zebras last night..........

The officials were abysmal in week 1, embarrassingly so. I thought they were better last night, though by no means perfect or close to perfect. The referree made a few verbal errors but quickly corrected them. They did miss interference in the end zone against Cruz and holding by Cromartie on Barden in the first Q.

I am still hoping this is resolved soon but thought I saw a better brand of inferior officals last night.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    I agree, i see imporvement but still dont trust them sadly haha

i want the old one backs pay them 100 grand more a team it will cost i heard on radio

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The officials were abysmal in week 1, embarrassingly so. I thought they were better last night, though by no means perfect or close to perfect. The referree made a few verbal errors but quickly corrected them. They did miss interference in the end zone against Cruz and holding by Cromartie on Barden in the first Q.

I am still hoping this is resolved soon but thought I saw a better brand of inferior officals last night.
    You know though, the non-calls I saw may well have been missed by the real officials
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You know though, the non-calls I saw may well have been missed by the real officials
    This. How many non-calls screwed us over (or threatened to) last season?

i didnt see any improvement.
    but i was thinking, what if these replacement refs kinda lead to the game being played more like they did back when penalties werent called for every infractin. while it sucked we didnt get a PI call that would have been called correctly in todays game, i dunno if its a bad thing that we let more contact between wr/defender happen without throwing a flag...

its not just the PI calls, it seems overall that holding penalties are down as well. I dunno, just something I was thinking when watching the wr get mugged with no flag...i mean remember last year in the reg season vs GB, I believe JWill got called for defensive holding for breathing on a GB WR for a first. If I had my choice, I'd rather more contact be allowed than ticky tack fouls deciding games

but again, i saw no improvement and almost every aspect of officiating is looking terrible. like i literally believe u could give fans a two week course and they'd do a better job

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i didnt see any improvement.
    but i was thinking, what if these replacement refs kinda lead to the game being played more like they did back when penalties werent called for every infractin. while it sucked we didnt get a PI call that would have been called correctly in todays game, i dunno if its a bad thing that we let more contact between wr/defender happen without throwing a flag...

its not just the PI calls, it seems overall that holding penalties are down as well. I dunno, just something I was thinking when watching the wr get mugged with no flag...i mean remember last year in the reg season vs GB, I believe JWill got called for defensive holding for breathing on a GB WR for a first. If I had my choice, I'd rather more contact be allowed than ticky tack fouls deciding games
    Just make sure the Giants secondary get this memo before the rest of the league.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

The officiating was better but still not anywhere near where it needs to be before the season starts. These last 2 games seem less meaningful for the players than the officials
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    The officiating was better but still not anywhere near where it needs to be before the season starts. These last 2 games seem less meaningful for the players than the officials
    You know, we say that, but in EVERY game day thread last season the officials were lambasted for calls and non-calls alike. I think what we may really be complaining about is the absence of game fluidity we're used to with the real refs. They make the calls, they tell us what they are, and the band plays on. It's a lot more hesitating now which affects the flow of the game.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80