+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1

    Where is the running game?

    Are the Jets defense that good? I don't think so. Which means the Giants still have trouble running the ball. As good as Eli is, sometimes Eli passes too much out of need and I don't really like to see that because then the offense becomes predictable and Gilbride's play-calling is already predictable as it is. How are they going to address this issue? I'm not too comfortable going into the regular season with Beaty's banged-up back.

    Ahmad is already hurt again, and Ware has no speed, and he's just average in power running. It looks like David Wilson has to step up and come through for us is the running game, he really has to learn the QB protection real fast otherwise the running game looks like it's going to be very limited.

  2. #2
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    the running game is waiting for an oline to come togther......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #3
    Veteran Giantz4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York State of Mind
    Posts
    3,956
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    the running game is waiting for an oline to come togther......
    This. I was worried about our ability to run block prior to camp/preseason and so far my fears have been confirmed

    Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

  4. #4
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    This. I was worried about our ability to run block prior to camp/preseason and so far my fears have been confirmed
    I think the oline will come together but not in the config its in now. There will be a dif LT for sure. Just dont who. Snee and Deihl better light a fire under this group!! They need to be nasty, physical, and smart.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #5
    I'd be more optimistic about the O-line if the issues were simply mental mistakes like not properly identifying which G's need to pass protect against which DTs but that isn't the case. These guys are getting beat at the point of attack and not opening holes in the running game on a constant basis. I'm afraid the only solution might be for our developmental prospects to prepare for next year or target some offensive linemen in next year's draft in the early rounds.

  6. #6
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I'd be more optimistic about the O-line if the issues were simply mental mistakes like not properly identifying which G's need to pass protect against which DTs but that isn't the case. These guys are getting beat at the point of attack and not opening holes in the running game on a constant basis. I'm afraid the only solution might be for our developmental prospects to prepare for next year or target some offensive linemen in next year's draft in the early rounds.
    so you pretty much have no hope for this season regarding the oline.....
    I disagree......they will get their collective asses in gear and turn it on....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so you pretty much have no hope for this season regarding the oline.....
    I disagree......they will get their collective asses in gear and turn it on....
    What makes you think they will? Just curious.

    And the two players I can get optimistic for are Sean Locklear and Chris Snee. No one else gets me excited.

  8. #8
    Veteran ebick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,298
    This is the pre-season......what you see means next to nothing. Last pre-seaon, the Giants appeared to be able to run at will and couldn't pass for anything.....

  9. #9
    What we can possibly hope for in regards to the running game is that maybe the opposing defense would give Eli a little more respect in the passing game and have more success in catching them off-guard since Gilbride loves calling the draw play.

    Another possible factor that would improve the running game is the sheer talent of David Wilson, in which he would break tackles and just run past the defenders with his speed regardless of the run blocking or lack thereof.

    So I see some possibilities of the running game improving from last season, but ultimately it would be great to have the OL improve themselves.

  10. #10
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so you pretty much have no hope for this season regarding the oline.....
    I disagree......they will get their collective asses in gear and turn it on....
    They didnt last year. Same issues rearing ugly head.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts