+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hosley has TURF TOE

Just heard it on WFAN, so nothing serious, probably won't see him play until the regular season.

Whew!...now I can sleep peacefully......just kidding

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Whew!...now I can sleep peacefully......just kidding
    I will sleep peacefully...not kidding XD

Veteran
    While the diagnosis is a good one - turf toe is nothing to sneeze at - in fact it has kept several players out of games. This kid appears to be a our new nickel and punt returner, and that has a major impact on the D. It allows Rolle to play his natural spot and sures up the depth at cb. My guess is he misses the bears preseason game and maybe even week 4 which makes you wonder if he will have enough reps to be the nickel come week 1. I hope so cause i think he will have a great effect on the d and specials.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    While the diagnosis is a good one - turf toe is nothing to sneeze at - in fact it has kept several players out of games. This kid appears to be a our new nickel and punt returner, and that has a major impact on the D. It allows Rolle to play his natural spot and sures up the depth at cb. My guess is he misses the bears preseason game and maybe even week 4 which makes you wonder if he will have enough reps to be the nickel come week 1. I hope so cause i think he will have a great effect on the d and specials.
    took the words right out of my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Just heard it on WFAN, so nothing serious, probably won't see him play until the regular season.
    Turf toe can definatley be serious

I knew someone who had turf toe. Yes I'm glad Hosley didn't do major damage but Turf toe is a nagging, random, chronic thing.

it flares up at the damnedest times.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I knew someone who had turf toe. Yes I'm glad Hosley didn't do major damage but Turf toe is a nagging, random, chronic thing.

it flares up at the damnedest times.
    ^THIS, hopefully the rookie is a quick healer

All-Pro
    Turf toe may not sound as bad but it can be. I thinks it's also one of those injuries that can linger for quite a while depending on how bad it is. Hopefully it's minor.

did u guys notice how the giants are saying they are treating Hosely LIKE he has turf toe? i dont even think he has turf toe, just a non serious little issue that they will treat as if its turf toe. i remember the night he got hurt, the panic was spreading. And i didnt know why and said as much. Bc 1-hosely said he didnt know how or when he hurt it and 2- it wasnt his knee...those two things led me to believe this is nothing serious at all...the walking boot was to keep the foot ligaments and tendons stable...i bet he's back by the last preseason game...him not being seriously hurt is awesome news. imo, he locked up the nickel spot vs the jests