+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Im callin it! Ware and Barden won't make final 53

There are too many younger players with more upside at their respective positions. Time to skim the fat and make some cap room. I am personally tired of these underachieving wastes of roster spots. No more Ron Dayne, Tim carter or Sinorice Moss like trash that warms the bench for 5 years. Their spots should be given to Jersey Joe Martinek and David Douglas. Both are hungry and outshining them already.

There is absolutely NO shot that DJ Ware gets cut. He will be the number 2 back and you will see him alot. There is no way they go into the season with Wilson, Brown, and Scott as the only back ups to Bradshaw. Unfortunately, he is the only experienced insurance to AB right now.

Barden on the other hand. Peace out!

Although I don't think he'll get a ton of action, DJ Ware seems to be good enough to make the team in a "Danny Clark" kind of way. That is, although he won't win the game for you with brilliant plays, he also won't lose the game with a mental error. It seems that TC loves that in a player more than the un-demonstrated potential to break the game open.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsDynasty View Post
    There are too many younger players with more upside at their respective positions. Time to skim the fat and make some cap room. I am personally tired of these underachieving wastes of roster spots. No more Ron Dayne, Tim carter or Sinorice Moss like trash that warms the bench for 5 years. Their spots should be given to Jersey Joe Martinek and David Douglas. Both are hungry and outshining them already.
    I will agree with half of your statement---I think Barden is more likely to not make the final 53. We are deeper at WR and a player like Douglas, Stanback(who can play ST), Collins or DePalma have a brighter upside.

Ware on the other hand, most likely will make the final 53. Not that I am a huge fan of Ware, but he is a vet that knows the system. With Scott(ball security and blitz pick-up), and Wilson(blitz pick-up), we will be seeing Ware for another season in Giants blue.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Yeah, pretty much what everyone is saying. Ware has a steady, consistent game even if it is underwhelming. Coughlin rather operate with that than the alternative right now. Ware is definitely maybe the least talented though.

Unfortunately, until Wilson steps up I think Ware stays. If we're lucky he'll see more time in the 2nd half of the season, ala Bradshaw in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I will agree with half of your statement---I think Barden is more likely to not make the final 53. We are deeper at WR and a player like Douglas, Stanback(who can play ST), Collins or DePalma have a brighter upside.

Ware on the other hand, most likely will make the final 53. Not that I am a huge fan of Ware, but he is a vet that knows the system. With Scott(ball security and blitz pick-up), and Wilson(blitz pick-up), we will be seeing Ware for another season in Giants blue.

This is most likely scenario....and makes most logical sense....although in cases like these I trust our coaches and front office far more than anyof us wannabe arm chair QBS
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

..Ware stays.
    Barden is gone....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think Ware is definitely going to stay, unfortunately for me. I want to see Brown. Anyone think we go 4 RBs in?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    This is most likely scenario....and makes most logical sense....although in cases like these I trust our coaches and front office far more than anyof us wannabe arm chair QBS
    agreed! Thats why these coaches get paid the big bucks--LOL!!
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University