Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Veteran

I actually agree with Skip Bayless RE: Tub Incident

With a guy who typically has an axe to grind and makes irrational remarks regarding the Giants, I expected him to use this as a chance to grand stand.

But I have to say, he was pretty measured in his remarks that it was uncomfortable to watch and that Weatherford and JPP should be fined.

And I agree. I know hazing is an institution, but there's a line that was crossed here that just makes me feel sorry for these people and those that defend the act or thought it was appropriate. It reminded that as much as I may appreciate their athletic talents, my admiration and passion is for the blue laundry and not the individuals who don it. It also makes me realize that I can never envy these people, and actually, genuinely find myself feeling embarrassed for these millionaires who have the limited mental capacity to believe acts like that make a person "hard" or worthy of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    With a guy who typically has an axe to grind and makes irrational remarks regarding the Giants, I expected him to use this as a chance to grand stand.

But I have to say, he was pretty measured in his remarks that it was uncomfortable to watch and that Weatherford and JPP should be fined.

And I agree. I know hazing is an institution, but there's a line that was crossed here that just makes me feel sorry for these people and those that defend the act or thought it was appropriate. It reminded that as much as I may appreciate their athletic talents, my admiration and passion is for the blue laundry and not the individuals who don it. It also makes me realize that I can never envy these people, and actually, genuinely find myself feeling embarrassed for these millionaires who have the limited mental capacity to believe acts like that make a person "hard" or worthy of respect.
    What goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room. Heck, it's like joining a fraternity. You KNOW you're going to get hazed.

I never thought anything could be more overblown then Tim Tebow playing football, but this is getting close and is 100% completely ridiculous.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I never thought anything could be more overblown then Tim Tebow playing football, but this is getting close and is 100% completely ridiculous.
    AMEN to that. Is this all we can discuss now?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Holy lord, we're actually agreeing.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. Players having fun, relax.

isnt jpp like 22, prince 21? lets stop pretending these guys work part time in the white house. they are football players. and hazing is a part of sports...i think JPP may be getting a big head tho bc how is he one of the ppl doing the hazing?
    its all good tho I know JPP loves and is grateful to the Giants...and i def dont think its to the point where prince has hostile feelings towards jpp. im sure they are boys, i know from experience when i was a junior and senior that u dont really haze the kids that ur not chill with, otherwise u can get told on...lame how sports media literally makes this a story

It happens all the time Jpp is here to stay and I'm glad I kinda like it maybe it might fire up Prince more they get over it Coughlin will make them

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Holy lord, we're actually agreeing.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. Players having fun, relax.
    +1 (and other words to reach the 10 character limit)
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    What goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room. Heck, it's like joining a fraternity. You KNOW you're going to get hazed.
    Being on both a college team and In a fraternity....I can say without hesitation...it happens ...it will continue to happen.....and right or wrong there is nothing that can be done......personally I think it builds camaraderie .......the only one at fault here is Wetherford.......what happens in the locker-room stays in the locker-room and he broke a MAJOR commandment

But I agree with RF this is being way over blown and everyone including this message board is making a way bigger deal out of this than there really is.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Shaving a dude's head. Making him carry your pads. Making him sing a song. These are all things I get and have no problems with.

But this wasn't hazing. This was the 8th time. This was bullying, an effort to change Prince's reserved persona via physical intimidation. They want to push him and actually think they are trying to help him, to get him to stand up for himself in order to bit fit their limited understanding of what it means to be a man. To me, I think it takes a bigger strength to walk away like Prince does. The guy is a professional athlete - physically fit himself - if he wanted to stand up for himself and be "harder" Im sure he could. That's not who he is. They should respect that.