+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time to find a new beast offensive tackle

In all the planning over the past few years, and with a 32nd running game, the Giants may have rolled the dice and lost on not drafting a beast for the tackle position.

They may well have solidified the blocking at the Tight End position with Bennett. He's looking good for the most part.

But it also looks like Locklear is not going to hack it and that the depth is a major problem.

The only solid positions, IMO, are Center and Right Tackle. Baas is everything and more than the Giants expected.

But the Tackles are the big question mark. Diehl was merely adequate last year.

With Will Beatty a huge question mark, I'm looking for the Giants to acquire another Tackle through the last cuts or more likely through a trade if there is one available out there to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    In all the planning over the past few years, and with a 32nd running game, the Giants may have rolled the dice and lost on not drafting a beast for the tackle position.

They may well have solidified the blocking at the Tight End position with Bennett. He's looking good for the most part.

But it also looks like Locklear is not going to hack it and that the depth is a major problem.

The only solid positions, IMO, are Center and Right Tackle. Baas is everything and more than the Giants expected.

But the Tackles are the big question mark. Diehl was merely adequate last year.

With Will Beatty a huge question mark, I'm looking for the Giants to acquire another Tackle through the last cuts or more likely through a trade if there is one available out there to go after.
    Because really good LT just grow on trees...there are at 10 available in every draft,,at least 5 of those go past the 20th pick which is where the Giants have drafted most of time in last few years and every team is so willing to part with theirs that they line up to trade them and the really good ones get cut so i am sure the Giants will have their pick after final cuts(should all be in red just not sure how)
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

i wouldnt say the giants have hit and missed in any way when talking about 1rst round picks. we havent reached for a player imo...any OT at 32 was a reach imo altho i did like martin

Veteran
    Half of the dilemma is getting these guys to gel and play better as a unit. Throwing new faces in the huddle won't correct that problem, it can make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Half of the dilemma is getting these guys to gel and play better as a unit. Throwing new faces in the huddle won't correct that problem, it can make it worse.
    and the other half is being talented. And we are lacking in that department IMO. We need to get some big uglies to protect our franchise QB.

Can we please let the season start and go through at least 2 games before we make judgements? How many times in the past have we said something failed when in the end life isnt so bad??

If Reggie is healthy and avialable ---- Resign him !!!!!!!

There's some decent offensive linemen coming out of college next year. Lewan, Jones, Fluker, Faulk, Williams, etc.

chadclifton is currently a f/a

I think my feelings on Diehl are well documented on these MBs (love him as depth, but he cant cut it as a starter) but Beatty is disappointing me left and right and I was leading that beatty bandwagon that has recently become de-railed. This next draft we need to look in depth at drafting 2 OTs in the 1st few rounds.

We need to protect our Professor and having shaky edges isnt the way to do it
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers