+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I want to give these guys gameballs

Manning - I wanted Eli drafted and then soured on him for most of his career many good reasons..He is playing un-Eli-like and is now unb-Eli-evable! Certainly gets a gameball

JPP - This guy is our MVP on defense without a doubt and it will great to see him blossum!

Jacobs - FINALLY!!!!! A worthy effort by Jacobs...trucked more than one defender last night...added fire and a STOOOOOOPID dance but he ran for over 100yds and 2 TDs when all I ask for is 90+ and TDs are bonuses.

Nicks - What a game! No TD's but he kept the Dallas defense honest which really helped our run-game.

---------------------

Honorable mention:

Boley - kept Witten in check...JW was a non-factor in the game last night.If Boley didn't play we certainly would have lost. Not gameball worthy because he disrupted that one area of the game.The above mentioned affected more.

O-line - Kept Eli standing upright for the most part and allowed the run-game to expand it's abilities...basicly they did their job and thats all I ask...Mitch Petrus will be the starter at LG for years to come, very strong and will get better!

Dropped the ball player(s):

Justin Tuck - I know, he is supposedly carrying an injury but wow! Little effort? why are you out there? If you really can't go, get out or get a cortizone shot. I have been seeing a slide in his play since last year which makes me worry about trading Osi away (which I am for if Tuck is going to play up to his billing). Kiwi could come in as DE again and do well though but our depth then begins to suffer...so what the **** Tuck?

Aaron Ross - Ask your wife how to run, she obviously knows better than you (she is an olympic runner for those that don't know)...while you are at it, ask if she knows how to cover...if she does, give her your jersy and pads please and send her to Coughlin!

OC -Gilbride....the run was working perfectly, especially with Jacobs...play the hot hand! Eli'spick by Sean Leewas directly related to your panic-mode/air-it-out mentality. This game was well in hand until then...also, please remove your ego from this offense, it stinks up what could be and amazing aspect of our game!

DC - What can I say? Fewell, you are just not worthy of pro-football and you are proving it...I'd be reluctant to have you coach a high school team!

Re: I want to give these guys gameballs

Tyron Smith had himself a Tuck sandwich last night. Tuck just looked out of it from the start....He couldn't do anything.

[quote user="hungrrrry"]

Manning - I wanted Eli drafted and then soured on him for most of his career many good reasons..He is playing un-Eli-like and is now unb-Eli-evable! Certainly gets a gameball

[/quote]

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I liked Tuck alot but his play against the run has fallen off a ledge...his ability to get passed his blockers no longer exists. Granted, we rarely rush more than 3 linemen and it has alot to do with it but you are supposed to be elite...just have an average game and I would be happy!

[quote user="burier"][quote user="hungrrrry"]

[/quote] Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?[/quote]Uhhh...because I have watched him throughout his career and saw a rookie QB every season...rookie-type mistakes...alot of picks. Needed receivers to make him look good. Throwing off the back foot even when not pressured and barely enough leadership-like traits.

This year he seems confident and very capable. A leader in his offense as well as his team. Great form and even a few pump-fakes (very un-Eli-like). Getting the ball to his receivers often in stride. Still having some picks but all QBs have a certain number....oh he is on a roll to 5000yads in a season which crushes Kerry Collins' Giants franchise record...that helps too!

[quote user="burier"][quote user="hungrrrry"]

[/quote]

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?[/quote]

+1

[quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="burier"][quote user="hungrrrry"]

[/quote] Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?[/quote]Uhhh...because I have watched him throughout his career and saw a rookie QB every season...rookie-type mistakes...alot of picks. Needed receivers to make him look good. Throwing off the back foot even when not pressured and barely enough leadership-like traits.

This year he seems confident and very capable. A leader in his offense as well as his team. Great form and even a few pump-fakes (very un-Eli-like). Getting the ball to his receivers often in stride. Still having some picks but all QBs have a certain number....oh he is on a roll to 5000yads in a season which crushes Kerry Collins' Giants franchise record...that helps too!

[/quote]

Honestly reading this post makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Very little of what you say is true. Its like you've been watching Bizaro Eli for 8 years.

I'm not gonna get into Leadership traits but to say its another situation where Eli is doing the EXACT same things he's been doing and people want to act like he's doing something new.

As far as the other stuff. I'd just recommend taking a look at his season by season stats and compare them to this year.

He's going to have around the same TDs he had last years. Maybe a 1,000 extra yards (Which is impressive improvement over last year I admit but he's got much better recievers this year and a weaker running game driving his attempts up.) and he should Finish with about 15 ints this year which is 10 less than last year but 1 more than the year before that.

He's been improving every year he's been in the league. Its nothing new.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I though Hynoski and Petrus were a pair of silent standouts

[quote user="hungrrrry"]

JPP - This guy is our MVP on defense without a doubt and it will great to see him blossum!

Jacobs - FINALLY!!!!! A worthy effort by Jacobs...trucked more than one defender last night...added fire and a STOOOOOOPID dance but he ran for over 100yds and 2 TDs when all I ask for is 90+ and TDs are bonuses.

Nicks - What a game! No TD's but he kept the Dallas defense honest which really helped our run-game.

---------------------

Honorable mention:

Boley - kept Witten in check...JW was a non-factor in the game last night.If Boley didn't play we certainly would have lost. Not gameball worthy because he disrupted that one area of the game.The above mentioned affected more.

O-line - Kept Eli standing upright for the most part and allowed the run-game to expand it's abilities...basicly they did their job and thats all I ask...Mitch Petrus will be the starter at LG for years to come, very strong and will get better!

Dropped the ball player(s):

Justin Tuck - I know, he is supposedly carrying an injury but wow! Little effort? why are you out there? If you really can't go, get out or get a cortizone shot. I have been seeing a slide in his play since last year which makes me worry about trading Osi away (which I am for if Tuck is going to play up to his billing). Kiwi could come in as DE again and do well though but our depth then begins to suffer...so what the **** Tuck?

Aaron Ross - Ask your wife how to run, she obviously knows better than you (she is an olympic runner for those that don't know)...while you are at it, ask if she knows how to cover...if she does, give her your jersy and pads please and send her to Coughlin!

OC -Gilbride....the run was working perfectly, especially with Jacobs...play the hot hand! Eli'spick by Sean Leewas directly related to your panic-mode/air-it-out mentality. This game was well in hand until then...also, please remove your ego from this offense, it stinks up what could be and amazing aspect of our game!

DC - What can I say? Fewell, you are just not worthy of pro-football and you are proving it...I'd be reluctant to have you coach a high school team!

[/quote]

you add hynoski to the list of at least honourable mentions, and you get a +1.

[quote user="titwio"]Tyron Smith had himself a Tuck sandwich last night. Tuck just looked out of it from the start....He couldn't do anything.[/quote]
    Tuck did absolutely nothing last night....Tyron Smith is going to be a great one