+ Reply to Thread

Desean Jackson: "Media loves twisting my damn words up!"

DeSean Jackson tired of media 'twisting' his words

DeSean Jackson spoke with ESPN's Lisa Salters on Monday in an interview we applauded for its honesty. Here's the key quote on his contract last year:

"I let it get to me, even though I tried not to let it. I was trying to protect myself from getting hurt -- now I'm just giving it all," Jackson said.
    These comments were picked up in a lot of places. It's not surprising Jackson was trying to protect himself last year. It was obvious. But Jackson isn't happy with how they came across.
    "The Media love twisting my damn words up," Jackson wrote on Twitter. "An they always wondering why I don't wanna talk 2 they (expletive) .. That (expletive) is un - professional."
    We didn't really notice how other places handled Jackson's words, so we're not sure exactly what outlet drew his ire. We're sure the Philadelphia radio stations weren't overly kind to him.
    With that in mind, we won't say anymore. We'll let Jackson's words stand on their own and let you decide.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

5trive for Fiv5

Can't let it get to him, but I'm glad he does.

Still, I have to agree with him. The media, ESPN in particular, assigns individuals or sometimes entire teams a role or persona so to speak. And then they hammer it to death until nobody cares about the actual story.

The Media creates villains and they create heros as well. But their ultimate goal is to breed conflict in order to lure a crowd and satisfy their ratings. And while I cannot blame them for wanting better ratings, I hate that it is at the expense of actual journalism.

Sure, why not? D-Jax sure gives the media enough to make a bible out of him, but everything is still true They twist words around for ANYONE D-Jax, not just you.

Tough life DeSean.....

"That (expletive) is un - professional."

That is my favorite line for obvious reasons.

5trive for Fiv5

He Tanked on His team, and was thinking only of Himself. Osi on the other hand, was afirebrand in the off season. Often throwing the Giants Brass under the bus. But when He stepped onto the field, He was all business. There's a time to play " Head Games " , and then there is a time to play real games.

He Tanked on His team, and was thinking only of Himself. Osi on the other hand, was a firebrand in the off season. Often throwing the Giants Brass under the bus. But when He stepped onto the field, He was all business. There's a time to play " Head Games " , and then there is a time to play real games.
    Last edited by BlueBlitzer; 08-22-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: needed a spacer correction

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    "That (expletive) is un - professional."

That is my favorite line for obvious reasons.
    agreed lol