+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank God TC kept that redflag in his pocket..........

On that close play right on the goalline on the punt by Weatherford. It was close, maybe 50/50 that he threw it out before he touched. I have seen TC challenge plays in past 6 in a row that he has lost that had LESS of a chance to be called correct then that one.

I dont know if it was him with a gut feeling we would need the timeout later or if someone upstairs told him to keep it in his pocket.. but he usually is so quick lately to throw it trying to get us any little edge he can because we have played so poorly.

Whatever the reason he didnt throw it,,,, weather we won that challenge or not we will never know. Prob would have lost it as it was to close and not enough evidence to overturn the call on the Field.

SO had he thrown that REDFLAG we would have lost the GAME!!!!

We would not have had that timeout to call to ICE the kicker. So JPP would have never had the chance to get his hand on that second kick......

DEVINE INTERVENTION>>>>>> I hope so. We will see. Stay tuned......

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Thank God TC kept that redflag in his pocket..........

[quote user="miked1958"]

On that close play right on the goalline on the punt by Weatherford. It was close, maybe 50/50 that he threw it out before he touched. I have seen TC challenge plays in past 6 in a row that he has lost that had LESS of a chance to be called correct then that one.

I dont know if it was him with a gut feeling we would need the timeout later or if someone upstairs told him to keep it in his pocket.. but he usually is so quick lately to throw it trying to get us any little edge he can because we have played so poorly.

Whatever the reason he didnt throw it,,,, weather we won that challenge or not we will never know. Prob would have lost it as it was to close and not enough evidence to overturn the call on the Field.

SO had he thrown that REDFLAG we would have lost the GAME!!!!

We would not have had that timeout to call to ICE the kicker. So JPP would have never had the chance to get his hand on that second kick......

DEVINE INTERVENTION>>>>>> I hope so. We will see. Stay tuned......

[/quote]

I am sure this has comeup and been discussed but looking through first 2pages of threads i didnt see one in regard to this subject.

NO one has a comment on this

4-New York Giants!!!!!

or perhaps, he wouldn't have left enough time on the clock for Dallas to get into FG position?
    Do not feed the trolls.

Veteran

yeah good choice but i thought it was pretty clear he crossed the goal line before letting go

TC's had an amazing track record for challenges... he doesnt throw them without good reason... challenging here was about field position and not a score or a conversion... I'm not surprised at all he didnt challenge it.

He admitted he shouldnt have thrown the Driver catch last week and he was proven right on the Ballard review. I still trust TC's challenge judgement.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

[quote user="Mercury"]or perhaps, he wouldn't have left enough time on the clock for Dallas to get into FG position?
    [/quote]

so u think he would have had BJ flop on 2nd and goal so the giants could then run down the clock to a more comfortable area before they punched it in on 3rd or 4th and goal. lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

You have to score the TD when u can get it. Just like last week. they were not thinking about runnin off time, just scoring. So you think MM dropped that ball on purpose with 130 left or so. He catches that i feel we lose cause they still had 2timeouts left at that point. The way romo moved them they would have marched in for a winning TD had Mario converted that throw

4-New York Giants!!!!!

It comes down to little things like like that sometimes that lead to a win or a loss. One play, one call or non-call, one timeout used or not used, you never know if that is going to be what wins or costs you a game. You think Dallas isn't thinking today that if not for that safety by JPP who knows what happens? That lead to 5 points when you think about it, the safety and the FG after the free kick we received.

Every play is important because you never know if that is the one that will win or lose the game for you.

At first glance I thought it was a bad call, but the replays did not clearly show that it was wrong. Good job of letting it play out - maybe Tebow was watching and pulling for the G-Men[]

i left a post about this last night... it was drowned to the fourth page instantly with the countless fire (fill in the blank) threads

i said if TC challenged, we would not have had the TO to ice the kicker.