+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

The unheralded moves

We all know about the big battles. But what about some of the other smaller ones.

The last corner spot - It is clear that prince/ t2/ webster/ hosley are shoe ins but what about after that. Tryon showed flashes in the nickel last year but has struggled a bit on the outside this year. Coe plays on specials/ molden has been with the threes and hughes looks like a PS guy.

The 4th 5th and 6th wideout - While i am rooting for one of the young guns to win the 3rd spot I think coughlin will go with the experience of hixon as he did last year - still holding out hope for jernigan. While there is plenty of vitriol for barden i think he still makes the team and while i would love the young david douglas to grab a spot too it seems to me that the vet stanback has had a nice showing - and done some nice things as a gunner on specials.

I dont see how horton or stevie brown makes this team with sash and the emerging will hill.

Can Mosley and McCants both make the team?

IF we keep 4 backs who goes brown or scott?

With tracy ailing with a hammy can Ojomo overtake him for the 4th DE spot?

Martinek/ Ojomo/ Hughes/massau / parker look like nice candidates for PS if some other team doesn't pick them off.

Paysinger has played nicely - can he or jones fill that last LB spot?

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    We all know about the big battles. But what about some of the other smaller ones.

The last corner spot - It is clear that prince/ t2/ webster/ hosley are shoe ins but what about after that. Tryon showed flashes in the nickel last year but has struggled a bit on the outside this year. Coe plays on specials/ molden has been with the threes and hughes looks like a PS guy.

The 4th 5th and 6th wideout - While i am rooting for one of the young guns to win the 3rd spot I think coughlin will go with the experience of hixon as he did last year - still holding out hope for jernigan. While there is plenty of vitriol for barden i think he still makes the team and while i would love the young david douglas to grab a spot too it seems to me that the vet stanback has had a nice showing - and done some nice things as a gunner on specials.

I dont see how horton or stevie brown makes this team with sash and the emerging will hill.

Martinek/ Ojomo/ Hughes/massau / parker look like nice candidates for PS if some other team doesn't pick them off.

You know, they saved Cruz with a very suspect hamstring injury by putting him on IR. If Tracy is hurt bad enough, they may well put him on IR if the think Ojomo can get the job done.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Maybe - but I think at this point they'd rather try and stash Ojomo on the PS then stash Tracy on IR. Remeber Ojomo has only domiated against 3's while tracy has looked good against 2's.

great post. i cant wait to see how it all plays out...

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    I'd say that Tryon and Coe both get the nod. With T2 questionable to return at all, extra depth is required.

I see the depth as follows: Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Jernigan, Stanback. Barden's free ride with the team is over. We have enough veteran support with Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, and Stanback. Douglas most likely gets onto the PS.

I don't either. Maybe a PS candidate in there, but unless Rolle has to Rolle out (bad pun, sorry) to nickel corner, we're stacked at Safety.

With the way our O-line is playing? Definitely.

Scott. We have a new speedster in Wilson, and Brown is the closest thing we have to a power back now.

I agree with RF that Tracy's IR may be a Cruz-like stashing. Ojomo will get a chance, but he needs to prove himself against the 1's.

Martinek definitely, although he may also be picked off. Ojomo will if he's not on the 53. Not too hot on Muasau though...

Paysinger I think makes the team. He's good on ST as well.

Veteran
    I'm not gonna say Barden has done anything as a pro, but the Giants just so rarely give up on early draft choices. I think he makes the team, but stanback has been showing some good all around worth.

I very much doubt Tracy winds up on IR - Tracy has been around now for years and if he gets healthy soon - as coughlin siad he expects I really think it would be ojomo who the giants try to get onto the PS.

All-Pro
    no matter how they slice it some players we all thought looked good and exciting will be released. Some may catch on with other teams and become stars. We can't keep em all. Can hide a few maybe but not all. Examples are Marshall and Hendricks
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***