+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Media needs to do its job!!!!

How pathetic is it for the NY media to completely and utterly degrade itself to the point of this most ridiculous story of
    "hazing"....obviously no one thinks it is more than just fun and games.

I expected more from professionals at NY but I guess I'm wrong. I also notice a few completely unfit moron reporters asking ridiculous questions...nothing
    to build up the team or constructive criticism...they are just scum trying to create a story out of sensationalism.

I advocate the boycotting of any scum news agency that advocates the low-life behavior. Act with some integrity or get a new job!!!! low life!!!

You can be mad all you want, but when Amukamara was tossed in there he looked very upset, that is fact, not opinion. If the media is given a reason to bring an issue forth, they will do it by all means, and bullying is a huge issue in today's society so it's only fit for them to ask big stars about the situation that occurred. If you want to be mad at someone, blame Weatherford for letting it out.
    Last edited by EJ Blue; 08-21-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Go scream at the posters who referred to it as "hazing" in the multitude of threads on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    You can be mad all you want, but when Amukamara was tossed in there he looked very upset, that is fact, not opinion. If the media is given a reason to bring an issue forth, they will do it by all means, and bullying is a huge issue in today's society so it's only fit for them to ask big stars about the situation that occurred. If you want to be mad at someone, blame Weatherford for letting it out.
    You ever factor in the fact that he got dumped in ice cold water...obvious it will be a shock...this is all fun .. this is far from anything with any evil intent....
    people need to exercise common sense....this is ridiculous!!

Right on the head about Weatherford ! In the other hand hazing will continue to be a tradition so to speak in the NFL and if Prince can't handle it to bad for him , the cardinal sin here is the vid leaked by Steve, that was the problem in the first place, even Tom mentioned like the " real " issue here.

There is a huge difference between bullying and hazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Go scream at the posters who referred to it as "hazing" in the multitude of threads on the subject.
    there is nothing wrong with hazing...all it is a rite of passage or an initiation....the media are the ones that gave hazing a bad name because some people or groups take it too far....throwing someone in a tub of cold water is not taking it too far......

It is a subjective matter where to draw to line between "normal" hazing (somewhat abusive) and a rite of passage (essentially bonding; proponents may argue they can coincide), and there is a gray area where it passes over into sheer degrading, even harmful abuse that should not be tolerated even if accepted voluntarily (serious but avoidable accidents do still happen; deliberate abuse with similar grave medical consequences occurs, in some traditions rather often).[citation needed] Furthermore, as it must be a ritual initiation, a different social context may mean a same treatment is technically hazing for some, not for others, e.g., a line-crossing ceremony when passing the equator at sea is hazing for the sailor while the extended (generally voluntary, more playful) application to passengers is not

so by the terms of the definition the use of hazing is not always a bad thing....it depends on the group as to the extent of the hazing.....every navy guy I have ever met including my brother was "hazed" when they cross the equator
    Last edited by fansince69; 08-21-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

If he was truly upset, don't you think he would have struggled a little harder to get loose?

Veteran
    Someone should dunk Weatherford's camera/phone in the tub, problem solved........

All-Pro
    I think Prince was fine with going along with it until he was dumped into a small tub from atop the shoulders of a tall guy like JPP. A pool is one thing. A tiny tub is another. How would it look today if he was hurt because of his stunt. I'm just saying there is a smart way to have a good time with these pranks they play on rookies, or guys still considered rookies.

All-Pro
    Oh, as far as the media doing their job, they are. This stuff sells. In fact the media has done a great job at getting the story out there.