+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Any word on Herzlich?

I thought he was playing well. Will he miss a lot of time with his injury?

Herzlich practiced yesterday, according to Mike Garafolo. I would think if he practices today then it is likely we will see him on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

All-Pro
    That's good to hear. Thought he was looking quicker than last year.

With the way Rivers looked last game, it finally looks like our LB corp is looking up. Cut blackburn!!

He practiced fully I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    With the way Rivers looked last game, it finally looks like our LB corp is looking up. Cut blackburn!!
    I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

Nobody has stepped up and taken the job from him, he's not going to be cut.
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.

That's good because he was pretty bad on the first game and then gets injured in the second. He needs to show something soon. We have too many linebackers battling to give a second year player a pass because he is a crowd dandy. Show something Herz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.
    TC runs a meritocracy where the best player plays. That's how you win Super Bowls. If Herzlich is healthy and performing better than Blackburn "all in", then he'll be our starter.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Its pretty odd to call him a liability since he had picks on rogers and brady. And all these other linebackers we had pretty much stunk it up all year to the point we had to bring him off the couch.