+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

The Chickens' come home to roost!

I think this year is the first year where our lack of investment of first round talent or impact free agents will dramatically impact our O-line's performance. The running game will struggle and I think we will begin to see the pass protection struggle as well this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and we can defend our title, but my gut tells me the O-line is our Achilles heel.

I think if Eli's stats fo fown this yeat it will be due to his sub-par line. I think last years Eli was not a flash in the pan. He has become an elite QB. I still don't think he is as good as pre-injury Peyton, Rodgers, or Brady, but he is elite Before last year you couldn't say that.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 08-21-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think this year is the first year where our lack of investment of first round talent or impact free agents will dramatically impact our performance.

ALL-IN!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantVibes View Post
    I meant to say our O-line's performance. If we win another ring they can play crappy all day long. LOL!

I think this year is the first year where our lack of investment of first round talent or impact free agents will dramatically impact our O-line's performance. The running game will struggle and I think we will begin to see the pass protection struggle as well this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and we can defend our title, but my gut tells me the O-line is our Achilles heel.

I think if Eli's stats fo fown this yeat it will be due to his sub-par line. I think last years Eli was not a flash in the pan. He has become an elite QB. I still don't think he is as good as pre-injury Peyton, Rodgers, or Brady, but he is elite Before last year you couldn't say that.
    Well they're roosting with 2 SB rings in 5 years.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

why would you think these things?

superbowl champions along with the superbowl mvp.....if anything i think they improved over last year!

even if we do have a down year, we have 2 rings in 6 years... get over it lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well they're roosting with 2 SB rings in 5 years.
    Last years SB ring was in spite of the O-line's play not because of it. Eventually you have to address areas of weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    why would you think these things?

superbowl champions along with the superbowl mvp.....if anything i think they improved over last year!
    THe OL has not improved. I say these things becuase they are the truth. If it makes you feel better I could lie and say we have no weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    even if we do have a down year, we have 2 rings in 6 years... get over it lol...
    great analysis LOL!

Last years SB ring was in spite of the O-line's play not because of it. Eventually you have to address areas of weakness.
    Your implication is that we should have drafted O linemen high instead of the players we drafted. OK fine. What O tackles were available to us instead of Hakeem Nicks in 2009, or instead of JPP in 2010. Both those players were indespensible to us in our SB win last year. The answer is NOBODY. I looked at those drafts. Unless Brian Bulaga or Mike Iupata are better players than those two current Giants. We did draft Will Beatty who was talked about in the first round and we got him at the end of the second. He just can't stay on the field.

Point is that we draft to the best players. And we've drafted good enough for a couple of SB wins. THATS the standard. Every team has holes, thats the new NFL. We have overcome ours to win championships.
    When you say that we should have drafted Bulaga, then you don't get JPP. Its a simple as that I say we wouldn't have won it last year then.
    So maybe you can tell us who we should have drafted and who we shouldn't have.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi