+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitin' Yer Nose

Bitin' Yer Nose

to spite your face is an old cliche, but isn't that an exact description and result of actions taken against Bradshaw for missing curfew, keeping him out of the game, a very important game.
    Discipline must be maintained and rules followed, but I believe that keeping a major player out of an important game like last nights has a negative impact on the entire team and the coaches who need wins to stay employed. It's the same as penalizing the entire team and fans because of one misfit???
    What other kind of penalty, other than a huge fine, should Coughlin or other HC's employ other than "sit-a-star?"

Re: Bitin' Yer Nose

I'm just wondering if the timeframe was layed down immediately or if coughlin felt he could sit him for the entire half AFTER seeing how Jacob's was running.
    BASTE MODE

--80--

So just penalize the crappy players?

Everyone has to be treated the same or else there will be no discipline.

I laud TC for sitting Bradshaw.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

So just penalize the crappy players?

Everyone has to be treated the same or else there will be no discipline.

I laud TC for sitting Bradshaw.

[/quote]

I actually think this was more about stategy than anything and on 2 levels.

number 1 the Cowboys didn't expect to see Jacobs back there that often that early so they needed to adjust. You prepare for a combo of Bradshaw and Jacobs and you get Jacobs and Ware. Element of surprise.

2) Jacobs was working so there's no reason to rush Bradshaw back.

I think Bradshaw might have missed just 1 series if the game dictated that he needed to be out there.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

With the way the BJ ran, I don't see how you could suggest this. Jacobs ran better than Bradshaw last night and Coughlin made his point that no single player is more important than the team.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran

Sorry... But its "cutting your nose to spite your face". How do you bite your own nose?

Veteran

Wewon. TC did the right thing. BJ was pumped. Everything worked-out and TC still has his credibility with the rest of the players.

Maybe I didn't make the point of the post clear This type of penalizing affects the whole team and may affect performance of the whole team.
    That type penalizing against one player is unfair to everyone else who have to make up the abscence of talent.
    I never said anything about not penaliizing a player, just find a penalty that does not penalize the entire team because of one. Sometimes referred to as "throwing out the baby with the bath water."
    And if Jacobs had a lousy first 1/4 or first 1/2 everyone would have been calling for Coughlin's head

If TC had allowed Bradshaw to break the rules without consequence because he runs faster than a lesser player, he would lose a ton of respect as a leader of men.

Carl Banks was talking about this issue this morning. He said that it is well documented that Coughlin and Bradshaw are very close. He mentored him through a lot of tough situations and is really fond of the kid. Must of been really tough to follow through with the discipline.

Don't see what was wrong with this, Jacobs played a good game anyway. Bradshaw got what he deserved, and I expect a good game from him next weekend, fire the guy up!