+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just saw something on Shaun Rogers on ESPN Ticker

Tom Coughlin says there is now a ray of hope that he may play again this season. Was thought to be out for year with the blood clot. Interesting. Didn't see anything on this in first two pages of threads. Could be good news
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

wow if true great news....he worked his *** offf to lose weight

Obviously we would all love to have him back I just hope he takes care of his health first. He's a big dude even after the weight loss

There's a blurb about it in the daily news thread.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Man I hope he is ok, we need that big guy.

Hey guys as a physician I can tell you that the problem is that Shaun is on a blood thinner to try to get rid of the clot in his leg (known as a DVT, deep vein thrombosis). Typically it requires therapy from 3 to 6 months, and it would be dangerous (he could bleed) to play football.

My guess is that it may not be as serious as previously thought and that the clot is in a small vein in the lower leg. If this is the case it could be treated with less serious medications (aspirin) is a possibility and he could return quickly.

I hope this is true because if he truly had a DVT it could mean he has a condition that could be career ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Medisleman View Post
    Hey guys as a physician I can tell you that the problem is that Shaun is on a blood thinner to try to get rid of the clot in his leg (known as a DVT, deep vein thrombosis). Typically it requires therapy from 3 to 6 months, and it would be dangerous (he could bleed) to play football. My guess is that it may not be as serious as previously thought and that the clot is in a small vein in the lower leg. If this is the case it could be treated with less serious medications (aspirin) is a possibility and he could return quickly. I hope this is true because if he truly had a DVT it could mean he has a condition that could be career ending.
    Thanks for the info

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medisleman View Post
    Hey guys as a physician I can tell you that the problem is that Shaun is on a blood thinner to try to get rid of the clot in his leg (known as a DVT, deep vein thrombosis). Typically it requires therapy from 3 to 6 months, and it would be dangerous (he could bleed) to play football.

My guess is that it may not be as serious as previously thought and that the clot is in a small vein in the lower leg. If this is the case it could be treated with less serious medications (aspirin) is a possibility and he could return quickly.

I hope this is true because if he truly had a DVT it could mean he has a condition that could be career ending.
    Thanks for the info, Doc. Hey maybe you can help me. I get this sharp pain in my eye every time I drink coffee. Should I see a doctor or just take the spoon out of the cup?

hmmm, good news, hopefully the new rules can give us some flexibility to wait

now, having said that, a friend of mine, female, had a blood clot in the leg and has been taking a blood thiner Coumadin for a few years, so it is a bad thing as we probably all know by now ... fingers crossed .... Rodgers is an athlete, doesn't smoke ... whereas my friend was a smoker
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    hmmm, good news, hopefully the new rules can give us some flexibility to waitnow, having said that, a friend of mine, female, had a blood clot in the leg and has been taking a blood thiner Coumadin for a few years, so it is a bad thing as we probably all know by now ... fingers crossed .... Rodgers is an athlete, doesn't smoke ... whereas my friend was a smoker
    Maybe with the new IR rules we can use him for some depth late in the season hopefully.

4-New York Giants!!!!!