+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eli Manning confident in Locklear at left tackle

LINK

Excerpt: "
    The Giants' regular season opener is just 15 days away, and yet the team still does not know who will be protecting Eli Manning's blind side against theDallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium.

Projected starting left tackle Will Beatty missed yet another practice on Tuesday because of his back injury, and there is growing concern that he won't be ready to play by Sept. 5.

In the meantime, 31-year-old Sean Locklear -- signed by the Giants last April -- has been manning the position with the first unit." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

im confident Lockler will do a better job at LT than DD could...Pretty sure Eli is looking at it that way

Well, Eli is telling the truff.
    I have full confidence that Eli knows 100% what he's talking about. Glad to see that he is confident in Loc

Veteran
    While he may do slightly better then DD - remember DD will still be playing at right tackle and is durable but certainly very flawed. Locklear was a backup/ swing for a reason. While both may stop the gap (we can only hope) these two are not the answer for any longer then this year. I do hope Beatty can get that back together and we can find out if he has a future protected elis back. We may finally need to draft a tackle in the first round in 13.

well his mom was smoking hot back in the day, so i'm confident, since he probably had to block some late night creepers
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    While he may do slightly better then DD - remember DD will still be playing at right tackle and is durable but certainly very flawed. Locklear was a backup/ swing for a reason. While both may stop the gap (we can only hope) these two are not the answer for any longer then this year. I do hope Beatty can get that back together and we can find out if he has a future protected elis back. We may finally need to draft a tackle in the first round in 13.
    lockler was a starter for 7 of the 8 years he was in the league...hes not just a swing tackle. he prob woulda been LT for seattle longer but they had walter jones. Lockler was on that roster when they went to the SB IIRC as their RT

Veteran
    Yep he started in seattle - I was just saying he has been a swing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Yep he started in seattle - I was just saying he has been a swing for a while.
    when? he started 4 games last season for DC and the year prior was a full time starter going on 7 years...

Locklear ranks 11th overall for Pass Blocking Efficiency the last 3 years. Even if he does play worse, it'll still be an improvement.

Veteran
    I guess i should have said he has been a starter (swing last year) but the majority of starts come at RT not LT.