+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

M Jones-Drew anyone?

I cannot see the Jags trading him but would you want him on the Giants if a win win traded could be made? Didn't he run for 1600 yards last year? I don't know how trades like this are done but I think I would want him running for Big Blue.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tikiandphil View Post
    I cannot see the Jags trading him but would you want him on the Giants if a win win traded could be made? Didn't he run for 1600 yards last year? I don't know how trades like this are done but I think I would want him running for Big Blue.
    Thoughts?
    I knew this was going to come up, I say no right away because nobody can run behind our line right now, add to the fact that Giants dont make big blockbuster trades and I think you have your answer

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    I knew this was going to come up, I say no right away because nobody can run behind our line right now, add to the fact that Giants dont make big blockbuster trades and I think you have your answer
    Bingo! Wow that didnt take long for a Jones-Drew thread to be started---LOL!!
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

Quote Originally Posted by tikiandphil View Post
    Thoughts?
    We can't afford him and don't need him
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    ^ this is a great reason as well, there is just no use for him, no use to even bring this up

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Can't afford is completely true but I don't know about the not needing him part. A top 5 player from any position is always a plus to have no matter who you are.

Sigh . . . . .

I can only think of a handful of guys who were able to gain yards despite having poor blocking. Of course, Jim Brown comes to mind. Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders...I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. My point is this. Let's open some holes and see how good the guys we have are before we go out signing primmadonnas. JMO, though.

He will be 30 next year as well. That would also be a ridiculous amount of resources put into RB. We would have about 17 Million in salaries plus the Draft pick we would have to send to the Jaguars. Plus we have zero cap room to make this deal which would mean u would have to push money into future years which would cripple this team when Jones Drew declines. U would have what LT was for the Jets last year making 12 million dollars who u cant cut

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Can't afford is completely true but I don't know about the not needing him part. A top 5 player from any position is always a plus to have no matter who you are.
    He's too self absorbed to fit here and we have a # 1 draft pick in David Wilson who is going to make everyone forget about MJD.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1