+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We need Canty back...

I haven't heard a thing about his rehab. He's missed the entire preseason. And while that isn't a big issue in terms of his knowledge of the scheme, it is a big deal in terms of his conditioning. Once he gets healthy, he'll have to spend some time getting into football shape. You don't want your DT playing into football shape bc he'll get pushed around all over the place.

And we are stretched thin at the DT spot. IF Bernard, Hendricks or Austin can step up and be legit, the Canty situation won't be a big issue. But thats a pretty big if imo...

Based on the lack of news about his status, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the PUP.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Based on the lack of news about his status, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the PUP.
    that sucks. we'd miss him up to week 6 right?
    man, that austin signing could be HUGE

Funny because you are usually the optimist but I think that this situation will work itself out. Joseph is getting better and better every game it seems (rewatch the playoffs and you'll see what I mean) and I think his increase in talent along with a decent option like Bernard and the others will offset this injury.

It would be nice to have him back but I'd be much more worried if we lost someone like Webster or KP to injury versus Canty at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Funny because you are usually the optimist but I think that this situation will work itself out. Joseph is getting better and better every game it seems (rewatch the playoffs and you'll see what I mean) and I think his increase in talent along with a decent option like Bernard and the others will offset this injury.

It would be nice to have him back but I'd be much more worried if we lost someone like Webster or KP to injury versus Canty at this point.
    good points. yeah joseph has been a beast. canty take this d to the next level imo. he does a lot that goes unnoticed. bernard has shown flashes of great play every season he's been here too. Hopefully Austin turn it on and just kills it...

There is still a slight hope that we get Rogers back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post
    There is still a slight hope that we get Rogers back at some point.
    I think "at some point" is the worrisome part. We need bodies who can play well ASAP. I personally think our players now, sans canty, will be able to get the job done more than effectively, but were getting thinner at a position that was already a concern. Here's to hoping....

i think austin could take over cantys spot in due time. but for this season, we need canty. im hoping canty, beatty, austin, hosely, and nicks all can go 100% week 1 opener

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Yeah if Canty starts the season on the PUP, I can see the Giants keeping 5 DTs on the final 53. Correct me if I'm wrong, if you are on the PUP, that does not count as a roster spot? So I can see the potential 5 DTs being Canty, Joseph, Austin(who needs to heal up also), Bernard(he's a vet that knows the scheme) and then a fight for thr 5th spot between Hendricks/Kuhn/Thomas/Rogers(if doctors think there is a chance he can play).

And who knows, maybe that Marcus Thomas signing works out for both him and the Giants. And if Hendricks and Kuhn don't make the final 53, I believe they can be put on the PS.

I guess its just a waiting game now---2 more games to go, cuts to be made and injuries/recovery to be factored in.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

I think Hendricks and Kuhn have showed some really nice progress and will make really good DTs in the NFL. hopefully we can hold onto both of them.

On side note, I also see a lot of promise in both Marshall and the other DE with the odd name Opoeo( someone correct me cause i know i butchered his name) or something like that lol. Hope theres a way we can hold on to them as well. Someone mentioned he needs to make team just based off his name to go with the others Prince, Osi, Kiwi with the odd last names.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***