+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What kind of fan are you?

Alot of the posts on here make me feel somewhat intimidated. So many of you know so much technical stuff about the game, but not me. I'm learning that I may be the type of fan who never knows all the players stats, yards, and all that technical stuff. I wish I did sometimes though, so I could have real, deep, fact providing conversations with some of you. So far, I think I'm just the type of fan who really enjoys just watching the Giants play and all the hype on game day. I try to follow things deeper, but just get lost. So I just REALLY enjoy watching the Giants play....seeing the tackles, touchdowns, screaming and clapping and going crazy when Big Blue stomps the competition ( I swear I'm their biggest cheerleader, everyone I know wants to watch games with me because I'm so amped, hyped, and vocal on game day).

So I guess I'm just wondering...is there anyone else on here like me? If not, what kind of fan are you?

Laurah, there are many statisticians here...hugely knowledgeable..most are informative, some can be condescending..but also just die hards like me..who just love the team...hang in there...post what are comfortable with,..like I said..MOST people are pretty cool and will respond to the level the post appropriately. Enjoy the season !!!! GO GIANTS!

Oh..so i don't mislead..I AM JUST A FAN !

I'm the fan who defends the team tp the death and wears the team colors all year around but could not explain what a 3/4, a tampa two defence, or what a spread offense is if my mother's life depended on it!
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

Everyone starts somewhere and you do not have to know stats and players numbers to enjoy and root..........if you want to learn....just talk to me and ignore the rest of these guys(smiles)seriously...feel free to jump in and ask questions...if not just root for the greatest team there is

GO GIANTS
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

You have to naturally develop as a football fan. It's not a process that you should rush. As you spend more time watching this game, your eyes and ears will start to peel the outer layers of the game and then you will really dive into the core of this fantastic sport. You'll start to wonder what all the verbage means when it's thrown around.

"What's an option route? Wait, what's a route??"

"Get to the second level? What's that?"

"What are the differences between man and zone coverages?"

When your mind is overwhelmed by these questions and your curiosity reaches the highest peak, you will research all of these different terms and that is when your evolution will be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Alot of the posts on here make me feel somewhat intimidated. So many of you know so much technical stuff about the game, but not me. I'm learning that I may be the type of fan who never knows all the players stats, yards, and all that technical stuff. I wish I did sometimes though, so I could have real, deep, fact providing conversations with some of you. So far, I think I'm just the type of fan who really enjoys just watching the Giants play and all the hype on game day. I try to follow things deeper, but just get lost. So I just REALLY enjoy watching the Giants play....seeing the tackles, touchdowns, screaming and clapping and going crazy when Big Blue stomps the competition ( I swear I'm their biggest cheerleader, everyone I know wants to watch games with me because I'm so amped, hyped, and vocal on game day).

So I guess I'm just wondering...is there anyone else on here like me? If not, what kind of fan are you?
    Earlier you quoted yourself as a huge Giants xxxx, so are you the biggest cheerleader or the other? Maybe thats why everyone wants to watch the game with you? LOL. Anyways you dont have to be a huge fan of stats or plays to have a conversation or just put your 2 cents in. There are plenty of threads after game day that just ask what you think. With time, you will learn the terminology and such, or just ask someone what they mean by it and I am sure they will break it down to laymans terms. (Most will anyways).
    Last edited by Mod_C; 08-22-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Earlier you quoted yourself as a huge Giants *****, so are you the biggest cheerleader or the other? Maybe thats why everyone wants to watch the game with you? LOL. Anyways you dont have to be a huge fan of stats or plays to have a conversation or just put your 2 cents in. There are plenty of threads after game day that just ask what you think. With time, you will learn the terminology and such, or just ask someone what they mean by it and I am sure they will break it down to laymans terms. (Most will anyways).
    Ahh, I can already tell your a special kind of Giants fan FIFTY6G_MAN, thanx for the info (and I'm both by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Ahh, I can already tell your a special kind of Giants fan FIFTY6G_MAN, thanx for the info (and I'm both by the way)
    Cowboys fan!

Sorry, probably not what you were looking for. I'm insanely bored at work as I am most days before 5:30 CST.

Anyway, you remind me of my girlfriend-- only she's not a giants fan, of course. She only started really watching football about a year ago, but has caught on quite quickly.

You probably know more than you realize and the rest will come in time.

Most people here played football (I assume) and have followed football for years so don't be intimidated. It takes time to learn the ins and outs, but being a member of these boards well expedite things. Very knowledgeable people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Cowboys fan!

Sorry, probably not what you were looking for. I'm insanely bored at work as I am most days before 5:30 CST.

Anyway, you remind me of my girlfriend-- only she's not a giants fan, of course. She only started really watching football about a year ago, but has caught on quite quickly.

You probably know more than you realize and the rest will come in time.

Most people here played football (I assume) and have followed football for years so don't be intimidated. It takes time to learn the ins and outs, but being a member of these boards well expedite things. Very knowledgeable people here.
    Damn Ntegrase96, are you trying to convert our newborn Giants fan with sweet talk? But thank you for the compliments about our fanbase on here. The majority on here are very knowledgeable, while Rodgers12 is just a troll, BTW laurah1275, DONT FEED TROLLS!!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"