+ Reply to Thread

Giants sign DT Marcus Thomas

LINK

Excerpt: "After months of waiting for a call that just wouldn’t come, Marcus Thomas eventually told his agent not to ring his phone unless he was notifying him about a job opportunity.
    That call came earlier this month. Thomas answered it. He did not say hello.
    “Where am I going?” the veteran defensive tackle, who was training in Florida, immediately asked.
    To East Rutherford, where the Giants were suddenly enduring a run of injury issues in the middle of their defensive line. Thomas arrived here last week, impressed the team in a workout, passed a physical and signed a one-year deal for the veteran-minimum salary of $700,000." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    one year deal for 700,000. thats better value than i thought this guy was going to cost. i guess not getting the money he wanted fro denver and being released humbled him enough to take what he can get. hopefully this motivates him to be a force on the D-line; playing for that big check at the end of the year.

*test3
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LINK

Excerpt: "After months of waiting for a call that just wouldn’t come, Marcus Thomas eventually told his agent not to ring his phone unless he was notifying him about a job opportunity.
    That call came earlier this month. Thomas answered it. He did not say hello.
    “Where am I going?” the veteran defensive tackle, who was training in Florida, immediately asked.
    To East Rutherford, where the Giants were suddenly enduring a run of injury issues in the middle of their defensive line. Thomas arrived here last week, impressed the team in a workout, passed a physical and signed a one-year deal for the veteran-minimum salary of $700,000." Read more...
    I guess this is the official announcement which probably partially explains why we had not heard much since the news broke last week.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I guess this is the official announcement which probably partially explains why we had not heard much since the news broke last week.
    So it would seem
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1