+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A New York Giant Repeat?

Do You Think The Giants Can Repeat This Season?

Do You Like The Giants Chances Of Repeating As Superbowl Champions?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Yes I think they can repeat. However in any other season I would like their chances. Being the we have to play AFC foes Pittsburgh, Baltimore, up and coming Cincinnati and NFC foes Saints, falcons, TB, up and coming Carolina, GB, SF, 6 tough games vs NFCE teams I'd say odds our stacked against us. It's hard enough to repeat for any team in any given year even with a modest schedule. And we happen to have the hardest of the hard schedules.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yes I think they can repeat. However in any other season I would like their chances. Being the we have to play AFC foes Pittsburgh, Baltimore, up and coming Cincinnati and NFC foes Saints, falcons, TB, up and coming Carolina, GB, SF, 6 tough games vs NFCE teams I'd say odds our stacked against us. It's hard enough to repeat for any team in any given year even with a modest schedule. And we happen to have the hardest of the hard schedules.
    I agree with miked1958 its tough for any team to repeat and the Giants have a really tough schedule but are they good enough YES crazy things happen during the course of a football season

Please don't flatter us!

I think they CAN but it's very difficult to do so.

I would love to see it, it's just about the only tick-mark the Giants don't have on their championship resume. Even the Eagles have gone back-to-back.

Every past chance (at least in the SB era) has been marred by circumstances.

1987 - Strike season
    1991 - Bill Parcells quit after rookie mini camp
    2008 - Plaxico Burress shoots himself at 11-1 and the team goes 1-4 after that.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post

I would love to see it, it's just about the only tick-mark the Giants don't have on their championship resume. Even the Eagles have gone back-to-back.

1987 - Strike season
    Are you talking 1948 & 1949 for the Eagles back-to-back championships????? Come-on man..

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Are you talking 1948 & 1949 for the Eagles back-to-back championships????? Come-on man..
    yep he is. however they did do it. we didnt with our 4 championships. we had plenty of opportunity but mostly lost our championship games. I dont know exact number but i think we were like 4-9 or 4-10 in Title games prior to SB era.

Also correct me if I am wrong. Were we awarded a Title prior to their being any type of playoffs? and we dont claim it just because we came in first place in the standings. Remember reading it but dont remember if it was Giants related or if i was reading it after Alabama won their 14th National Title. I read it awhile back. lol. getting old i guess.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post

1987 - Strike season
    With the REALLY tough schedule this season if we did do it we would kill two birds with 1 stone. We would take that TICK off our record and go back to back and come into ELITE company..(only GB, NE, Steelers, SF, & maybe Dallas has done it and some of them twice) we would also have to check back and see in the seasons those teams repeated what type of schedule they had. I would venture to say if we repeat it would go down as the hardest feat of any of the previous ones to do it because of our schedule being so difficult.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

If we stay healthy. HELL YES!

I'm so sick of this "Tough Schedule" talk. All of those teams mentioned have to play against the Super Bowl Champs!! Sucks to be them.

And we won the division at 9-7 last year. You people are saying we can't make the playoffs because we have games against a few teams that look good on paper NOW?

Repeating is difficult. . .always very difficult, don't get me wrong. But our chances are as good as anyone's. Nothing's stacked against us.