+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"Hey___ Coach Wants To See You. Bring Your Playbook."

Okay. We all know after Fridays game vs. the Bears first cuts will be made. 15 guys will get that dreaded call. Honestly, it's been a good camp and I still can't decide who gets cut. I'm routing for Muasau to at least make the practice squad. And I'm hoping the keep Douglas over Barden, but we'll see.

What do you guys think? Who stays, who goes and why.

Usually the first round of cuts are names that make you go "who?"

not sure about that...this team has lot of good backup players...who may get picked by other teams....

Quote Originally Posted by rxc999 View Post
    not sure about that...this team has lot of good backup players...who may get picked by other teams....
    agreed its a good problem.. that must be tuff making sure you make the right decision and dont let a good player go... there will be alot of tuff choices for jr and company this year. alot of the undrafted players will be let go first
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Banned
    Right now our D line has too many players neck and neck...plus with the injuries I think we are going to keep all our DL for as long as we can til they figure it all out.

The 3 names in my mind that are gonna get the hammer (unless something amazing happens) are Bruce Johnson, Isaiah Stanback, and Ryan Purvis

Veteran
    Not sure they all go in the first round of cuts but here are some likely cuts
    WR - Julian Talley, Dan Depalma, Brandon Collins (love to get douglas on PS but probably gets cut from 53) Stanback - guy has produced in specials so you never know but probably gets outnumbered
    TE - Christian Hopkins Ryan purvis Larry Odonnell,
    OL - selvish Capers, Joel Reinders Stephen Goodin, Chris White, Jim Cordle (maybe gets through)
    FB - Joe martinek (ps maybe)
    RB - Andre Brown

Defense
    DT - Oren Wilson (camp body) Carlton Powell
    DE - Ojomo (on the bubble but probably a ps guy unless tracy cant get hammy going) Broha - maybe ps. Craig Marshall.
    LB - Massaus (to many guys - ps)
    CB - Dante Hughes, Laron Scott Antuan Molden Brandon Bing
    S - Chris horton Stevie brown Jojo Nicholas

Im actually probably missing some cuts but this is probably a pretty solid guess.

You really think they're going to cut Christopher Hopkins? And Andre Brown? I'm really hoping they choose Andre Brown over DJ Ware.

Joe Martinek even didn't look that bad.

But then again, there really isn't room.

Veteran
    Its Christian Hopkins and yes - why would you think they'd keep him? He has played with the threes and done very little. He is behind Bennett Robinson and Pascoe - where would he fit?

Martinek - again playing with threes and Hynoski is a beast at FB - giants aren't keeping 2.

Brown has had very limited carries and the giants (at this point) trust ware more, like it or not.

There are still games to be played but right now the depth chart of who they are playing with - 1's 2's or 3's gives you a good idea of how the giants see them right now. Its not everything but its a good indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Its Christian Hopkins and yes - why would you think they'd keep him? He has played with the threes and done very little. He is behind Bennett Robinson and Pascoe - where would he fit?

Martinek - again playing with threes and Hynoski is a beast at FB - giants aren't keeping 2.

Brown has had very limited carries and the giants (at this point) trust ware more, like it or not.

There are still games to be played but right now the depth chart of who they are playing with - 1's 2's or 3's gives you a good idea of how the giants see them right now. Its not everything but its a good indicator.

I think Brown gets in over Scott. We have a better speedster in Wilson, and Brown provides a different dimension to the running game now that Jacobs is gone.

Veteran
    Personally i think they go with Scott cause he is younger and has less tread on his tires - brown has had injuries - but I wouldn't be too surprised either way.