+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Players want more "swag" from Prince.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-the-field/

“You’ve got me and Terrell (Thomas), and we’re going to keep beating it into him,” Webster said, via Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. “And (safeties Antrel Rolle and Kenny Phillips), those guys came from Miami and they had it there. So we’re going to keep on driving it in. He could use a little bit (of an edge) from us. He’s taking it in and he’s going to put it into his game. And I think it’s working for him.”

Not well enough to avoid a trip into the tub, it would seem.

You can display that confidence quietly without losing any effectiveness, though. Swag conjures up images of Deion Sanders dancing his way down the field, an image that Amukamara certainly doesn’t fit. Neither do plenty of other cornerbacks who have played at a high level in the NFL, for that matter.
    I personally prefer the Eli on field persona over the Rolle one, but that's me.

Swag is part of a person's personality (and currently a stupid fad).

I don't think he needs to change his personality to become an effective cornerback. He was recognized as one of the best CBs in his class without having.... swag. He just needs to get comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    Swag is part of a person's personality (and currently a stupid fad).

I don't think he needs to change his personality to become an effective cornerback. He was recognized as one of the best CBs in his class without having.... swag. He just needs to get comfortable.
    They're right about one thing......it's part of where you went to school......Nebraska is all class and doesn't tolerate "swwwaaaagggg" where other programs do.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    He just needs to get comfortable.
    Know the easiest way to do that? Leave the kid alone. Quick, someone needs to yell it into a camera and post it on youtube!

ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

While he's not vocal and confident sounding, prince is pretty good in support on the run game. It takes a tough corner to really get off blocks and stick his nose in there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    While he's not vocal and confident sounding, prince is pretty good in support on the run game. It takes a tough corner to really get off blocks and stick his nose in there.
    Agreed. I'd rather Prince be more reserved and tough as nails when he's making a tackle, then be a showboat with false bravado that shies away from tackles like Deion.

Could you imagine Eli acting like Phillip Rivers? I cant. And it wouldnt make him better. Prince is humble. Let him be.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Could you imagine Eli acting like Phillip Rivers? I cant. And it wouldnt make him better. Prince is humble. Let him be.
    I agree. You can't make a player something they aren't. Being him got him where he is.

No swag? Cut him, he sucks!