+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Points against

Points against

4 NFC division leaders points allowed is as follows....

1. GB 278 Points allowed
    2. NO 286 Points allowed
    3. SF 182 Points allowed

4. Giants 349 Points allowed..... Nearly DOUBLE the points SF has allowed so far... DOUBLE!!!!!

GB and NOs defenses have both somewhat struggled this year and have still both allowed over 60 less points than us....

Question for my fellow Giants fan is this....

Can this defense improve enough to give us a chance? We dont need them pitching shutouts, but if they can hold opposing teams to under 24 points per game we will have a chance to win out.... Can we?

Bench Player

Re: Points against

we could have won one and three. two was a horrible game have faith

I honestly think it all starts and ends with Fewell. He needs to simplify things a bit. I'm tired of every other play guys standing around completely confused about what they're supposed to be doing.

The scheme is not working, they need to do something to fix it or they will be ousted in the first round of the playoffs. That's if they can even get there.

As long as we don't play the Saints we have a chance. This Defense against that offense in that stadium is not pretty.

[quote user="NoHuddle10"]4 NFC division leaders points allowed is as follows....

1. GB 278 Points allowed
    2. NO 286 Points allowed
    3. SF 182 Points allowed

4. Giants 349 Points allowed..... Nearly DOUBLE the points SF has allowed so far... DOUBLE!!!!!

GB and NOs defenses have both somewhat struggled this year and have still both allowed over 60 less points than us....

Question for my fellow Giants fan is this....

Can this defense improve enough to give us a chance? We dont need them pitching shutouts, but if they can hold opposing teams to under 24 points per game we will have a chance to win out.... Can we?[/quote]

I don't think it will ... Fewell is just not scheming well. That and injuries blah blah blah.

Also the 49ers numbers are a bit exaggerated considering they play in *the* easiest division in football.

Saints and GB (and Pats for that matter) all have defensive issues ... but a lot of that is also teams having to go into panic mode right away against them and the rules this year in general favoring passing teams.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)