+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think?

I know when we play the Pats next week it's just a preseason game, and the teams are just trying to get their game plans together and blah, blah, blah.... but does anyone think way back in their minds that the Pats are gonna play harder to really try to get the win? I know winning a pre-season game is no vindication for 2 SuperBowl losses, but I think at this point they are gonna grab at ANY chance to have ANY kind of a win over us. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    I know when we play the Pats next week it's just a preseason game, and the teams are just trying to get their game plans together and blah, blah, blah.... but does anyone think way back in their minds that the Pats are gonna play harder to really try to get the win? I know winning a pre-season game is no vindication for 2 SuperBowl losses, but I think at this point they are gonna grab at ANY chance to have ANY kind of a win over us. Thoughts?
    I dont think any of their main players will be starting

No vindication happens during pre-season. We will be lucky to even see starters on the field for more than 1 or 2 series. However, all the guys trying to make both teams will be playing balls to the wall!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Yeah, Bill Bellichek might actually cheat because that game is mad important

Veteran
    Not one bit. Both coaches will try to win with there twos and threes cause even though coaches are evaluating talent they still want a W and coach for it. That said there is ZERO meaning to either team. The goal is not to work on gameplan but to evaluate the final 53, in fact the gameplanning will be minimal after a game on friday and the opening game the following weds. Pretty vanilla stuff. They will be Looking at the last few jobs for guys like ojomo/ barden/ douglas/ stanback/ massua/ hendricks/ martinek and more.

No...BB is too smart for that. Starters will barely play if at all.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Neither team will play the ones for any significant length of time. Tomorrow will provide the longest look at the starters.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

They've been playing a lot in the preseason already since XLII.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Neither team will play the ones for any significant length of time. Tomorrow will provide the longest look at the starters.
    Why do you say tomorrow's game will provide the longest look at the starters?

Veteran
    Because week three in the preseason is the game for the starters to go three quarters - its the closest to a real game that you get. Its the final tuneup for the 1's.