+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NY Giants: We try our hand at the Giants' 53 man roster

LINK

Excerpt: "We have been getting quite a bit of mail asking who we see making the Giants’ roster. After careful consideration, we have come up with the below. There are a few surprises, and we took the liberty of providing some insight on why we believe some players will stick and others will not. Feel free to agree or disagree…" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I don't understand Ojomo not even getting a mention
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Neither do I, I think it's too early to project anyway.

he hasnt done anything really. he'll get attention if he plays well tmrw night vs better competitin. also, marshall has also looked really good as has tracy.

Ojomo looked very impressive vs the Jets. A lot of heart and hustle for sure.

I don't see them cutting James Brewer. He was a project tackle taken last year w/ no offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    I don't see them cutting James Brewer. He was a project tackle taken last year w/ no offseason.
    Id be confused if they cut Brewer.Why draft a raw upside guy and cut him before he has enough time to develop.I think Mccants can be stashed. 1 other thing why does everyone assume Tryon makes this team.I dont think he is very good at all.I would cut him

Some tough cuts coming for young guys, I think WR, DL, LB are going to be rough. I hope some of these guys stand out tonight or next week.

Tough cuts all around. Ones that might surprise:

Chase Blackburn- not a lock regardless of last year's playoff run, it would let them keep Jones or Mausau

Beatty- If he continues to stay off the field, they may be ready to move-on (durability is the new name of the game)

Pascoe- now that they've got a real fullback, his value has dropped some, I think this one depends on Beckum's recovery (even though I'm not a Beckum fan myself)

Austin- Not sure how much longer they're going to stick with him (the durability thing again)

Ware- His value is pretty run of the mill, and they might take a chance with younger player. Martinek can go to the practice squad, so I think there's a chance it's Brown here.

Surprise not-cut: Ryan Piriloux- They may not want to take a chance of losing him on waivers.

They need to try again!