+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beckum

Beckum

Do you guys think Beckum will take up a roster spot on the 53 man roster or be placed on PUP?

Starter
    not sure but to be honest with u i forgot he was even on this team haha.

atleast not for the first 6 weeks lol

They may put him on an injury list, but no way he makes the 53.

Even if he is healthy, I think he is done here. Who is he going to replace? It wont be Bennett who we signed this offseason and is our starter. It wont be Pascoe because he is a utility guy and the backup FB. It is also unlikely it will be Robinson because he was just drafted in the 4th round. We wont keep 4 TEs.

since ballard is gone i honestly do believe he will be re-signed. he was carving out a nice niche for himself during the streak last season. we were actually getting him involved and trying to use him to exploit the defense. Bennett is the only legit, dangerous target at TE. Robinson will be good, just not ready yet. And Pascoe offers versatility, not skill. Altho I do respect Bear/ Beckum just will give us a needed dimension that we could use. and i also think he will be ready before week 6 so i dont think he gets pup'd either

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    since ballard is gone i honestly do believe he will be re-signed. he was carving out a nice niche for himself during the streak last season. we were actually getting him involved and trying to use him to exploit the defense. Bennett is the only legit, dangerous target at TE. Robinson will be good, just not ready yet. And Pascoe offers versatility, not skill. Altho I do respect Bear/ Beckum just will give us a needed dimension that we could use. and i also think he will be ready before week 6 so i dont think he gets pup'd either
    Here is the problem with Beckum, and I have been saying this for some time. We all know he is not an end line TE. He plays the h-back/ slot role. For him to come on the field, we have to remove a FB or a Slot receiver. Since he isnt a good blocker, there is litterally no reason to put him on the field over any of those other players.

The idea behind him was that he would be a mismatch for defenses. If defenses put a LB over him, he would create a mismatch in space. If they put a DB over him he would create a mismatch in blocking. The problem is the later just never happened. He has struggled to block guys significantly smaller than he. So when defenses see him enter the game they simply move to a nickle package which is exactly what they would do if we brought in a slot WR.

Furthermore, I just do not see any way we can keep 4 TEs. I agree Pascoe is not a great player, but his versatility, especially the fact that he is our backup FB does add value. The FB is an integral part of this offense and a very injury prone position.

injury settelment.....I actully cant belive they havent done this already. What do they see in his skill set and what it can contribute to the team?? I just dont get it....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Unfortunately certain players coaches on the Giants have an infatuation with......Beckum is one of those guys......DJ Ware is another......neither has "LEGITIMATELY" made large contributions to the team over the course of their careers......they continually get hurt......but they're familiar with the system and I guess are deemed niche guys......outside of DJ's two point conversion and Beckum's GB catch did either really make a play last year?

The Giants and us will be stuck with them until they get hurt or the front office wakes up......actually even if they do get hurt they'll still be around.....last year Beckum's knee (was resigned) and a few years ago DJ's forearm (was resigned).

They must have something on TC or Jerry.......

Beckum is not THAT bad guys. Of course we can't keep everyone on the roster, but he has contributed now and again.