+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rolle Covering the Slot

I don't like that idea. I rather have Hosley play against the slot WR. We saw Rolle get burned numerous times when he had to play man to man in the slot last year.

i agree but right now rolle is the only option hosley is hurt
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Is there a chance they might test Will Hill in the slot?

Quote Originally Posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
    Is there a chance they might test Will Hill in the slot?
    Like to see Hill or Tryon in that roll tnite, if Tryon isn't still hurt and plays tnite

I hate this topic

I like Hosely there think his has the quicks to be effective in that position, says he should be back sometime next week which would be a real plus. Lets hope he can play at least a few snaps in that last preseason game.

this is for the chicago preseason game, not the reg season. Hosely will be nickel when he returns and is ready. Tryon and Coe can also play nickel, but Coe is dealing with an injury IIRC (not serious). We prob only have a couple guys to play nickel so rolle is helping out. when we get all hands on deck for the preseason, he's gonna be ball hawkin as a FS...

Right Now the Coaching staff have no options but to have Rolle covering the slot. Our Front Office and GM Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a huge contract because he thought Rolle was a versatile safety who could cover receivers because he was a converted Defensive Cornerback....to bad Reese didnt watch film of this guy in man coverage against receivers throughout his career. And another thing, Reese decided to dish out another big contract to Terrell Thomas who had 2 major ACL surgeries in his short career...so this is the reason why the coaching staff don't have any options...yet some of yall fans will still want to blame Coughlin or Fewell, and yall would probably blame Gilbride just because.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    this is for the chicago preseason game, not the reg season. Hosely will be nickel when he returns and is ready. Tryon and Coe can also play nickel, but Coe is dealing with an injury IIRC (not serious). We prob only have a couple guys to play nickel so rolle is helping out. when we get all hands on deck for the preseason, he's gonna be ball hawkin as a FS...
    Don't be surprised if Rolle is stuck in the same role again(followed by the numerous posters on this board complaining that he's overpaid). I was really hoping on seeing Rolle playing in his natural deep safety position this year, but at this point it seems like wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Don't be surprised if Rolle is stuck in the same role again(followed by the numerous posters on this board complaining that he's overpaid). I was really hoping on seeing Rolle playing in his natural deep safety position this year, but at this point it seems like wishful thinking.
    He's not even a good deep natural safety. He's always blowing coverage and never on the same page as Webster. Rolle's strength is playing a linebacker role in some of our nickel sets. He seems to like being down in the box even though he can't tackle. Kenny Phillips is our best pure deep safety in the game.